Should I Get A 4G?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Will Finlay, Sep 12, 2010.

1. Will Finlay

Will Finlay Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    hey guys, i broke the home button on my 1st gen lastnight. not too worried about it seeing as This is my second 1st gen and it has lasted me 2 years without a problem. So now my plan is to order myself a 4G and fix the home button on my 1st gen and pass it down to my brother. what are your thoughts? should i get one? because tbh i have been looking for any excuse to get one, but i still dont know if i should.

Cheers.
  2. sman789

sman789 Member

Device:
    5G iPod touch
    Well it just depends on whether or not you would get use out of the new features. If all you're going to do is play songs and occasionally use Stocks or Notes or Safari then there isn't much point. But if you want to be able to play any good games or have a camera or microphone, or just enjoy the retina display, then a 4G is kinda required. Not to mention that the 4G is smaller, massively faster, and will benefit from future software upgrades and jailbreak apps which use things like Bluetooth.
  3. willytboy

willytboy New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    I also have a first gen iPod Touch all I can say is go for it and when you run the same apps on both devices and you will be blown away not to mention when the first gen came out I got it for $499 16GB model 3 yrs on $499 64GB and 10 times better then the 1st gen worth an upgrade

Please Register or Log in to view images

4. iBricked

iBricked Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    Upgrade, you're stuck on an old device, dead-end with no app updates and some other stuff.
  5. shaz73

shaz73 New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    I'd defo upgrade to 4g.
  6. iJailbreakk

iJailbreakk Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
  7. BlackStar

BlackStar New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Upgrade! I have 2gen 8gig and am going to.
  8. GuilleiPod

GuilleiPod New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Upgrade. I had my iPod touch 1G (8GB model) for over two years and a half, and then I gave it to my sister. Now, I have the iPod touch 4G (32GB model) and is DEFINITELY an upgrade.
  9. Will Finlay

Will Finlay Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    Haha! As I expected, I will take the plunge and upgrade.

yeah dude, i was getting bored with the 1G probably for the very reason that it couldn't use Bluetooth and apps that had a higher processor demand. so i think that upgrading to the 4G will re-spark my interest in the scene!
  10. The KC

The KC Member

Device:
    iPad 3
    Go for it. I've been hanging on to my 16gb 1st gen touch waiting for a "worthy" upgrade (the 2nd and 3rd gens really didn't have enough different about them to justify spending the money). You won't regret it.