Should i get a 3g or wait for the 4g?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Firebird94, Jun 2, 2009.

1. Firebird94

Firebird94 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Ok so i just got enough money to buy an 8 gb. iphone 3g. But, i've been seeing rumors that the 4g is coming out on july 12th. So my question is should i wait for the 4g to come out or should i get a 3g? Because i'm not sure if the rumors are true.
  2. melterx12

melterx12 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    id go with the 3g. 4g will be pretty expensivew when it comes out (assuming youre buying off ebay), and from the list of features ive seen on the new iphone, its not worth the extra cash.
  3. Nburnes

Nburnes Well-Known Member

Device:
    OnePlus One
    Just wait for the new one.

Better safe than sorry.

If you don't end up getting a new one, then there will always be plenty of 3gs around.

Btw its only the 3rd generation iPhone so its the iPhone 3g 3g.
  4. steincj

steincj Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Yes, but it is the second generation of the 3g. So it is iPhone 3g 2g.

Who's on first?
  5. pyroxp7

pyroxp7 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (White)
    If I were you, I would wait because if there is a new iPhone, it would OBVIOUSLY have better features and parts (meaning smoother iPhone,etc.), but if you want an iPhone now, you can purchase it.
  6. Bigcavs

Bigcavs New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    remember how long sdk took?...
    buy now
  7. anniex423

anniex423 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Nobody knows if the rumors are true. Many say 4G network doesn't exist yet. Many also say it's just a software update that's what all the hype is about. But I don't know, I would wait and see. If you are really eager for the phone get the 3G, it's still a great phone. I plan on keeping mine for another good year even after the new one is released (if there is one this year). I still see a lot of people with the first gen and it's not bad... it's older but it's still an iPhone, which beats having any other phone anyway =)
  8. leadergo

leadergo Active Member

this is gonna confuse sooooo many people.
  9. Nburnes

Nburnes Well-Known Member

Device:
    OnePlus One
    But its still the 3rd generation iphone so techincally its iPhone 3g (2g) 3g 8gb or 16gb hopefully 32gb
  10. pegaxs

pegaxs Banned

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    I am tempted to wait, as i too am on the verge of updating my old iphone 8gig 3G phone. I want to wait for the new one, but my only b*tch is that it may not be jailbreakable for a long time. It may be like the iPod touch 2g and take forever. Failing that, im tempted to get the current iphone on a plan and get insurance.... keep it till the new iphone is out and jailbroken and BAM! my old one falls in the toilet and i need to claim insurance... cant hurt... worst thing is ill get an old model (read 1st gen 3G) iphone as a replacement

Please Register or Log in to view images

i dont know... until i see the new phones out and jailbroken, then i might be more interested.