Should I extend my warranty?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by carfreak95, Aug 2, 2009.

1. carfreak95

carfreak95 Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Hey guys. my 1g 16gb ipod touch 1 year warranty is about to expire at the end of this month. I'm considering extending the warranty to 2 years. I can get it for about $20 from ebay instead of $50 from apple, but is it worth it? I have a thick leather case that flips close when not in use and no matter how hard it falls, it'll most likely be okay, not that I've dropped it anyways.

So as the ipod touch gets older, does it experience any hardware issues or anything worth extending the warranty for?
    Thanks!!
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    And, are ebay sellers trustworthy?
  2. touch_iPod

touch_iPod Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (White)
    Well, it's certainly better to extend your warrant as this gives you extra sense of protection should something happen to your iPod, say, 6 months later...

I did just that several months back and at least there's an extra one year of warranty cover from the original "expiry" dare of October this year!

Please Register or Log in to view images

3. xbluudevilx

xbluudevilx New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    they wont fix it for you if its "human error", even with warranty..
  4. touch_iPod

touch_iPod Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (White)
    True also, but at least if some stupid manufacturer defect were to emerge after the original warranty should have expired, at least there is peace of mind that the warranty is longer than a year... Who knows, with these electrical products?
  5. _JKK_

_JKK_ Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    Well, there is always that pesky kill-switch that Apple can flip and fry your iPod...

But, I didn't renew my warranty, but you should try sending it in (to get the battery replaced) if you are going to be keeping it for a while.
  6. €p1c

€p1c New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    i'd get it. after my warranty expired on my iPod Touch 1g, the headphone jack broke.

just get it if you plan on still using it for awhile. its only 20 bucks. 199 to get a refurb model
  7. carfreak95

carfreak95 Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    thanks guys...
    and i did call them for my pixel problem.. turns out after 6 months, you have to pay for shipping ($32) and the technician himself recommended getting applecare warranty.