Preview Should I continue with this?

Discussion in 'iOS Themes and Customization' started by alexPato7, Oct 3, 2009.

1. alexPato7

alexPato7 Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    [WIP] Untitled

preview.png

I've made all of the default icons and a template (my first ever template so its not perfect and its sized at 159x160 instead of 59x60).

I still don't know what I should do for a wallpaper but I'm working on it. So far this is an icons only theme, but that will hopefully change.

I'm thinking of a metaphor along the lines of building blocks because that's what all of the icons sort of look like but I'm still not sure.

Here's a download of the icons and template: View attachment blocks.theme.zip

If anyone would like to C & C, share ideas, or make icons and post them here, feel free to do so.

I was also stupid enough to think I had a MacThemes account, but of course I don't and now they've closed registration on their forums, so I would appreciate it if someone could post this their for me (I can view the forums even though I'm not registered)

also: anyway to change the thread title?
  2. Baggy Spandex

Baggy Spandex Active Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (White)
    I don't get it... Are all the icons gonna have an apple? What do you mean there will be more bases? I suggest make some metaphors for the other icons before thinkin about a wallpaper....
  3. alexPato7

alexPato7 Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    no the apple wont be there. thats where something like a safari design (ie: a compass) will be (in the same style as the apple). The base is whats there without the apple. and what do u mean make a metaphor for the other icons before making a wallpaper. i dont get the whole metaphor part
  4. Baggy Spandex

Baggy Spandex Active Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (White)
    Nevermind. Keep goin. I was confused.
  5. alexPato7

alexPato7 Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    k haha. thx
  6. Vince

Vince Active Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    The bright yellow/a little green base is bad. It blends too much but it could work with a glyph.

A metaphor (artistically) is the idea that the icon is going to be based on. Example: the App Store metaphor could be an actual Apple Store.

Yeah I agree with wynd, get some icons done first, worry about the wall once the theme's more settled in.

Definitely continue!
  7. alexPato7

alexPato7 Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    thx alot about the green base, i was very skeptic about it and now i know to toss it or work on it. thx for everythin else too
  8. Vince

Vince Active Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Just so we're clear I'm talking about the one 3 from the right on the bottom.
  9. alexPato7

alexPato7 Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    k good cuz i was too haha
  10. Vince

Vince Active Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Looking at it full size again, the gradient on the purple (top left) one is a bit too drastic, try and keep it darker. Does that make sense?