should I charge the battery 1st?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by cinek, Jun 28, 2010.

1. cinek

cinek New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    should I charge the phone for 12/24h 1st or should I let the battery drop and fully charge it then?
  2. Lagunatic

Lagunatic Active Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (Black)
    just plug and play.
  3. Naveen121

Naveen121 Well-Known Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Both. Just charge it fully, then let the battery drain all the way to zero. When that happens recharge it back to a hundred percent. That should charge the ions and get your battery started up. You don't have to do this. But I personally would for the best battery life span.

Please Register or Log in to view images

4. Wintertears

Wintertears Member

Device:
    iPad 3
    Charge it fully (check the instruction on how long to charge it, its usually not enough to just charge until you see the battery full during the first time). Most phone come with a factory charge, enough juice to check if the phone is working, and to test for any defect that may be covered by warranty.

Under no circumstance should you let a battery discharge, and then not charge it for a long time (resulting in a full drain - completely no juice). This will empty what ever small charge is remaining making it impossible to charge back up.
  5. cinek

cinek New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    thanks, I charged it up to 100% gonna let it go down to about 10% or so before next charge