Should I Camp Out?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Akskater009, Jun 20, 2010.

1. Akskater009

Akskater009 Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    I pre-ordered an iPhone 4 16GB on June 15th. Is it necessary for me to camp out the night before, or do you recommend just showing up earlier than 7?

If it helps, the store I am going to is: http://apple.com/manhasset

All suggestions appreciated,
    Alex
  2. iLucky

iLucky New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I would go a little earlier. Even if you preordered they might have only gotten a few.
  3. Nomar1245

Nomar1245 Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (White)
    What's the point of preordering then if they take more preorders than they have?
  4. Linux

Linux Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I havent preordered. could i go to an apple store on the day of release of a couple days after, get in line and get an iphone. Or are they all sold out.
  5. Nomar1245

Nomar1245 Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (White)
    I can't say for sure they are sold out everywhere, so I can't say it's impossible. I can feel pretty confident in saying it's gonna be tough.

You may also wanna check out a Best Buy too. I know there is a site that is posting how many each Best Buy is getting.

I can post the link if you'd like. It'd just take a bit of digging for me to track it down again for you.
  6. Akskater009

Akskater009 Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Haha, alright. I was just wondering if it was advised. So would you recommend 6 or even earlier?
  7. Nomar1245

Nomar1245 Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (White)
    Well, I just got an email from Apple advising me to be there by 7 so I'm not really sure what to make of that myself to be honest. I tried calling the store but they didn't answer.

On a side note, looking at your sig, you've had some rotten luck with you iDevices.
  8. Akskater009

Akskater009 Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Hahaha, yea, I know. Same with my computers. My computer of 4 years (I'm n now) has broken beyond what I thought was fixable. I bought a new one which had bootup issues. Traded that for an HP dv7 and that one had MAJOR issues resulting in me sending it out numerous times finally ending in it not turning on at all and out of warranty and HP not doing anything about it. =/

On Topic: Yea, I got that email as well. I am just going to show up at about 6 if anything. Probably bike there. No chance my mom could wake up my brothers and take 'em to drop me off xD.
  9. Danls92

Danls92 Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I would go just for the experience. I preordered from Best Buy, but I'm gonna be at a concert the 23rd at a venue right next to an Apple store. Might just chill there for a couple hours

Please Register or Log in to view images