Should I buy the Touch or the more expensive 1.13 Touch ?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by sebastian___, Jul 23, 2008.

1. sebastian___

sebastian___ New Member

As it says in the title. From a local store I can buy the Ipod Touch for 330 Euro
    Or I can buy from the same store - Ipod Touch FIRMWARE 1.1.3 for 380 Euro.

I plan on jailbreaking the ipod. Is there a benefit whatsoever in buying the more expensive Ipod touch ? Both with 16 GB.
  2. thechungster

thechungster Super Moderator Emeritus

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    They Should be the same price, regarding firmware. and all of them should have 2.0 now, not 1.1.3
  3. sebastian___

sebastian___ New Member

It's not from the Apple store but still it's a pretty respected store here in Germany. So it's legal and ok. Must be old batches not sold yet. And it's not an online store, but a real store.

SO the answer to my question ?
  4. tian_kr

tian_kr New Member

just get the cheaper one and dl the 2.0
  5. Appstore 2.0

Appstore 2.0 New Member

Why pay 50 extra euros to get LESS features? Doesn't make sense. At least get 1.1.4 if you don't want 2.0.
  6. Collateral

Collateral Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    get the cheap one and upgrde to 2.0jb
  7. sebastian___

sebastian___ New Member

Appstore 2.0 : I could probably buy the 2.0 if I go to the Apple store. But if I wanna buy from this store, they offer only the two ipod I mention.

So if I buy the cheaper 16 GB ipod , I mean the non 1.1.3 , I'm not loosing anything right ? Because if I jailbreak to 1.1.4 it will be exactly like if it was bought with firmware 1.1.4 ?

These are my first post here, and this will be my first ipod. So I have another question.

I saw the sticky guide about How to jailbreak for every firmware. But I didn't understand from the guide if I can jailbreak directly to 1.1.4 from an Ipod with firmware 1.0.

Thanks.
  8. Abcmsaj

Abcmsaj Retired Moderator

Device:
    iPhone 6 Plus
    When you buy the iPod Sebastian, you plug it into iTunes and you're able to put any Firmware on there you'd like.

There's download links somewhere on this forum (Search iPod Firmware) and you can put any on there.

I'd recommend 2.0 though, as it's the newest and in my opnion - The best

Please Register or Log in to view images

9. vbman213

vbman213 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    iPod Touches will NOT be shipping with 2.0 firmware... Apple has said that the 2.0 upgrade is optional and will not be included on iPod Touches...
  10. Appstore 2.0

Appstore 2.0 New Member

Hmm i'm not sure i understand sebastian.

Basically, if you have an option between an expensive 1.1.3 and a cheap 1.1.4, go for the 1.1.4 it's a more stable jailbreak in my opinion as i know everything works on it. Emulators also work very well if you're going to jailbreak.

But if you're saying should you go with 1.1.3 or 2.0, go for 1.1.3 simply because you said you wanted to jailbreak? And jailbreaking 2.0 is very different to jailbreaking 1.1.3. May i also recommend iLiberty when/if you jailbreak.