Should I buy now!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Kosmo, Jan 9, 2008.

  1. Kosmo

    Kosmo New Member

    Joined:
    Oct 18, 2007
    Messages:
    20
    Likes Received:
    0
    K well I only want a Touch if I can jailbreak it and what if its not possible to do so in 1.1.3? Should I buy one very soon so it comes with 1.1.2 and jailbreak it and never update it or something? My only concern is I'm worried apple is going to announce a new touch/pricedrop of some sort at MacWorld soon.
  2. Nt1440

    Nt1440 New Member

    Joined:
    Nov 9, 2007
    Messages:
    1,431
    Likes Received:
    26
    i doubt there will be a pricedrop seeing as they follow the same pricing as all previous ipods

    and i think its a little early to release a new generation
  3. nbx909

    nbx909 New Member

    Joined:
    Dec 14, 2007
    Messages:
    45
    Likes Received:
    0
    I'd wait till after Macworld since it's just next week. Most sites say that the itouch/iphone (hardware wise) isn't going to be updated until 3rd Quarter 2008, so your pretty safe.

    Firmware wise, you have to downgrade to 1.1.1 if it comes with 1.1.2 anyway, I figure you can down grade from 1.1.3 just as easily, if needed.
  4. Kosmo

    Kosmo New Member

    Joined:
    Oct 18, 2007
    Messages:
    20
    Likes Received:
    0
    Idk but I read a topic somewhere about that 1.1.3 eliminated the jail breaking method used for 1.1.2 ( downgrading to 1.1.1 I mean ). So thats just why I'm worried about buying one with 1.1.3. Is 1.1.3 coming out before/after MacWorld?
  5. Nt1440

    Nt1440 New Member

    Joined:
    Nov 9, 2007
    Messages:
    1,431
    Likes Received:
    26
    so far the unable to downgrade thing is purly a rumor
  6. nbx909

    nbx909 New Member

    Joined:
    Dec 14, 2007
    Messages:
    45
    Likes Received:
    0
    I don't see how they can prevent you from downgrading unless the change the hardware so that the 1.1.1 firmware just doesn't work since we're abusing a feature in itunes to downgrade. (If for whatever reason their latest firmware doesn't work you can force it down).
  7. Joe Rossignol

    Joe Rossignol Community Manager Staff Member

    Joined:
    Jan 9, 2008
    Messages:
    11,500
    Likes Received:
    1,268
    Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Yeah, with the "1.1.3 Rumor" they wouldn't just automatically update your iTunes.

    You would be prompted to update your iTunes if they did so, and you could choose the option 'No'.

    I don't think they would get rid of the "Shift" feature for updating.
  8. pablowx

    pablowx New Member

    Joined:
    Nov 6, 2007
    Messages:
    91
    Likes Received:
    0
    i think you should just wait it out until after next week because always brings out something new
  9. Kosmo

    Kosmo New Member

    Joined:
    Oct 18, 2007
    Messages:
    20
    Likes Received:
    0
    Now that info has been released about 1.1.3 and whatever what should I do, I only want it if I can jailbreak it and put NES emulators and whatever on it.
  10. ssauer2004

    ssauer2004 New Member

    Joined:
    Jan 19, 2008
    Messages:
    25
    Likes Received:
    0
    I'm in the same boat as you, not sure exactly what to do.

Share This Page