Should I buy now!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Kosmo, Jan 9, 2008.

1. Kosmo

Kosmo New Member

K well I only want a Touch if I can jailbreak it and what if its not possible to do so in 1.1.3? Should I buy one very soon so it comes with 1.1.2 and jailbreak it and never update it or something? My only concern is I'm worried apple is going to announce a new touch/pricedrop of some sort at MacWorld soon.
  2. Nt1440

Nt1440 New Member

i doubt there will be a pricedrop seeing as they follow the same pricing as all previous ipods

and i think its a little early to release a new generation
  3. nbx909

nbx909 New Member

I'd wait till after Macworld since it's just next week. Most sites say that the itouch/iphone (hardware wise) isn't going to be updated until 3rd Quarter 2008, so your pretty safe.

Firmware wise, you have to downgrade to 1.1.1 if it comes with 1.1.2 anyway, I figure you can down grade from 1.1.3 just as easily, if needed.
  4. Kosmo

Kosmo New Member

Idk but I read a topic somewhere about that 1.1.3 eliminated the jail breaking method used for 1.1.2 ( downgrading to 1.1.1 I mean ). So thats just why I'm worried about buying one with 1.1.3. Is 1.1.3 coming out before/after MacWorld?
  5. Nt1440

Nt1440 New Member

so far the unable to downgrade thing is purly a rumor
  6. nbx909

nbx909 New Member

I don't see how they can prevent you from downgrading unless the change the hardware so that the 1.1.1 firmware just doesn't work since we're abusing a feature in itunes to downgrade. (If for whatever reason their latest firmware doesn't work you can force it down).
  7. Joe Rossignol

Joe Rossignol Community Manager Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Yeah, with the "1.1.3 Rumor" they wouldn't just automatically update your iTunes.

You would be prompted to update your iTunes if they did so, and you could choose the option 'No'.

I don't think they would get rid of the "Shift" feature for updating.
  8. pablowx

pablowx New Member

i think you should just wait it out until after next week because always brings out something new
  9. Kosmo

Kosmo New Member

Now that info has been released about 1.1.3 and whatever what should I do, I only want it if I can jailbreak it and put NES emulators and whatever on it.
  10. ssauer2004

ssauer2004 New Member

I'm in the same boat as you, not sure exactly what to do.