Should I buy iPhone 7 Plus or iPhone 7

Discussion in 'Post questions here' started by alicia78, Jan 13, 2017 at 7:11 AM.

1. alicia78

alicia78 New Member

I m going to purchase new iPhone , I m confused on which should I buy iPhone 7 or iPhone 7 plus ?  Any suggestions

2. Pandawg

Pandawg Member

It really comes down to if you want better specs, at the expense of a bigger device. I would honestly get the iPhone 7 Plus because of the upgrades it has over the iPhone 7. 

3. Zyiros

Zyiros Moderator Staff Member

I would agree with the above post. I currently own an iPhone 6S. I would have enjoyed a larger screen for the sake of screen real-estate. Especially when it comes to driving, the larger model (7+) has a homescreen landscape mode that would make my setup easier. I have a shallow dash, so I always use my maps in landscape mode.

You also have the advantages of battery longevity and better camera optics. I'd go for the 7+, but I'd honestly wait for the next iPhone because it sounds like it will be a tremendous upgrade from what we are accustomed to seeing in a mobile smartphone device.

4. Aiwa

Aiwa Member

If you can afford the plus, get the plus.

5. 4NewHop3

4NewHop3 New Member

I personally would go iPhone 7, but that's because I like the smaller screen. I used to have an HTC M7 and always loved the device (same screen size as iPhone 7). I got the LG G5 for the past 2 years (same screen size as the iPhone 7 Plus) and I can honestly say I became bothered by the bigger screen size over the years and miss the convenience of using just one hand comfortably. But it really comes to personal preference. If I was switching to iPhone, I honestly wouldn't mind the lower resolution for smaller display. But the specs are easily better on the 7 Plus.

6. tinyman392

tinyman392 Moderator Staff Member

The only real reason there is to go iPhone 7 Plus is if you need the dual cams or larger screen. The iPhone 7 runs just fine otherwise. Also, the 7 Plus isn't the most pocket friendly, so keep that in mind. If you have a bag or plan to carry the phone externally, I'd say that the 7 Plus would be well worth it. However, if portability is an issue, I would go 7 before 7 Plus.

7. 4NewHop3

4NewHop3 New Member

In this day and age, most phones run so good, that even ones that are over 2 years old can still run real quick.

That's why this year, when my 2 years are up, instead of going for the newest flagship as I usually do, I'm going to get the HTC 10 rather than the newest HTC phone that's coming out this year. That's more than enough power to last me 2 years+. I miss HTC and even though I'll be missing out on the "newest" features, I'm still getting a good phone for cheaper because of the price drop it'll receive.