Should i buy a 8gb or 32gb IpodTouch 4G?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by melvinmak, Nov 1, 2010.

1. melvinmak

melvinmak New Member

Hi everyone, may i know which capacity suits me more if i wanna buy a ipod touch 4g. I am stuck choosing the 8gb ones or 32gb.

I have less than 100songs
    Might download quite a number of apps like facebook, games, news, etc(lots of games and random thing but i dont think it will be alot.)
    Will take photos and videos(but not alot.)
    5-10 videos i got from computer(Mostly less than 100mb.)
  2. micro_hard

micro_hard Active Member

Device:
    iPad mini
    Would definitely say 32GB...

Although Apple should really put out a 16GB option next gen...
  3. Brii

Brii Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (White)
    I'd say you don't need much . 8gb . Save yourself some money .
  4. JacobVengeance

JacobVengeance Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    If you have the money go for 32GB. The bigger the better when it comes to memory.

I have an 8GB iPod 2G, which is disappointing, but it is all I could afford. I have to sync often to switch up apps. So bear yourself the trouble
  5. bstevenhaagen

bstevenhaagen Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    8GB should be enough for you. But, ya, it's always good to have the 32gb for extra space, especially if you plan on recording a number of HD videos. They take up about 1gb per 12-14mins. and after formatting/software, you really only have about 6.5gb
  6. InfinitiProject

InfinitiProject Active Member

Device:
    Samsung Galaxy S3
    32GB 32GB 32GB 32GB 32GB.... Seriously, go for 32GB. The price of an 8GB is a rip once you break down the cost per GB and if you still go for the 8GB it will catch up to you later down the road when you need more space.
  7. Josho182

Josho182 Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Yes!!!!!

32gb because on mine the firmware takes up almost 3gb or that's the system memory.
  8. Dannydxl

Dannydxl New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Definitely a 32gb. 8gb is a rip off. You get the most bang for the buck with the 32gb model.
  9. OnlyAn8

OnlyAn8 New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    OMG, my head is going to combust if there is ANOTHER "32 or 8gb??" topic. Seriously people, what kind of question is this? First of all, most people are going to say 32, because 32gb is the MOST common size. 2nd is 8gb, and 3rd is 64. In my opinion 64gb is not only a ridiculous price, but a ridiculous amount of room. 32gb is the safe size, meaning if you get a 32 you wouldnt really have to worry about running out...

I personally have an 8gb because I knew I wouldn't probably use more than 8, and so far I am correct. I've used slightly over 1gb of space, and this is because I have another mp3 player with my music on it. I have plenty of apps, and some pics, and only using 1+ gb proves to me that 8 is good for me.

Are you going to have a lot of media? Apps? Pics? Movies? If so, get the 32.

This kind of crap is kind of common sense...
  10. tinyman392

tinyman392 Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 6
    You can survive with 8GB, but like said before, if you want to be safe, go with 32. Also remember that you have about 6.5GB of usable memory. Also try to keep around 512MB-1GB of free space (no free space = really slow iPod). If you can fit it all in, you'll be fine. I depends on what kinds of apps you plan on getting and how many.