Should i buy 1.1.4 or 1.1.3

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 1.1.3 Discussions' started by chirpdawg, Feb 20, 2008.

1. chirpdawg

chirpdawg New Member

Hey guys i was just wondering should i get an ipod touch 1.1.3 on the 24th (the day be4 my b-day) or after the 1.1.4 is released. Also do you think there will be another price drop any time soon?

Replies/helps/ideas are very much appriciated.

Chirpy

PS: I dont even know if i can jail break one. Looks to hard :S
  2. murphmanny

murphmanny Banned

i'd go with 1.1.3 because that way you know that you can jailbreak it, if you don't like the sdk
    if your planning on jailbreaking then buy 1.1.3. if your not jailbreaking, then wait if you'd like
    we don't even know if apple is coming out with 1.1.4 or not because people have been saying that 1.1.3 is sdk ready
    i think apple is going to come out with a new firmware just to break 1.1.3 jailbreakers. Whether that firmware will be 1.1.4, 1.2, or 2.0
    no one knows

EDIT: now i see that you cannot jailbreak. there most likely will be no price drop. Just buy it and play around before next weeks sdk is released
  3. cinek

cinek New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    it's up to u really, it's very easy to jailbreak when you follow all instructions... if you buy it now with 1.1.3 then you'll be able to upgrade to 1.1.4 without any problems...
  4. MrBrightside

MrBrightside Active Member

Get one soons as posisble! I dont think anyone knows when 1.1.4 is coming out, and doubt its going to be with the SDK and anyway, you can just update to 1.1.4 when it does come out.
  5. sombdy

sombdy New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    There are rumors that Apple may drop the prices since flash memory prices are always going down. The rumor is that it might happen in a few months, but I wouldn't wait for it if you really want it, just get it.
  6. chirpdawg

chirpdawg New Member

Okay thanks guys. Btw i donno how im gonna get installer onto my ipod touch cuz i dont have wireless internet connection and yeah.
  7. deathdr0ne

deathdr0ne New Member

If you can afford an ipod touch than surely you can afford a sh*tty $50.00 linksys router.
  8. in/flux

in/flux New Member