Should I be worried?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Raider, Feb 24, 2009.

1. Raider

Raider New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    My iPod Touch 2g has been grand apart from a few fingermarks, scratches and safari crashes. However, in the last week I have noticed that the bottom left corner is loose-ish. If you push on it, even a little it can move 1 or 2 mm from it's position then back. All the other corners are fine and there is nothing visibly detached or broken.

Should I bring it back under my warranty (11 months of a 1 year warranty remaining), or is this ok?

There are no Apple Stores here and the store I bought it from doesn't do repairs so if I bring it back, it means replacing it, which I hope I won't have to do as iTunes on my computer is so crap putting all the songs on it will take ages.

On an unrelated note, anyone know how to stop iTunes running.... like.... this.... on Vista. It's a brand new laptop, 4 GB RAM, 2.4Ghz Core 2 Duo etc. and iTunes still fails epicly when nothing else is running. I'm talking 10-15 seconds to respond to a mouse click. It's been reinstalled twice. Seriously, I can run Supreme Commander with every option turned up to the max and it's much faster than this.

A program apart from iTunes that works on unjailbroken iPod Touch 2Gs would be good also.
  2. lewyboi9493

lewyboi9493 Member

i would personally email or phone apple, because that isnt normal to my knowledge.
    as for your itunes problem, itunes is generally slow on windows machines, which is obvious since its an apple product, dont be worried about that.
    mine takes about 4-6 minutes to just start up, another 5 seconds to respond to a mouse click.
  3. ParrotBoy

ParrotBoy Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Most 2g's have that problem, it happens cuase of the curved back.
  4. iPortlock101

iPortlock101 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    yeh ive got that on two corners, dw if youve got a case then there is ZERO to worry about

Please Register or Log in to view images

, if you dont, then just try and be careful
  5. eKoKnight

eKoKnight Member

Or you could call apple and get it repaired. Or just get a great tight case that going to hold it together then your be fine.

Please Register or Log in to view images

6. HM82

HM82 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I don't have that problem.
  7. NeSEncHo

NeSEncHo Active Member

I can push down all FOUR corners of mine lol, but I'm not gonna get it fixed, too much of a hassle.

If you want to risk it, go ahead and replace it if you want.

As to your iTunes problem, 10-15 seconds is not normal at all. Your specs are much enough for it to run as good as it would on Windows.