Should I be worried? Is this normal?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by amandureja, Jun 28, 2010.

1. amandureja

amandureja New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Hey guys. I am having a small problem with my iPod touch 3G. If I were to wiggle the home button with my finger or thumb it would move around slightly. It still works perfectly though. I do have a screen protector on. Could the screen protector be causing this problem and will it go away if I remove the screen protector.? It is still in warranty so should i just get it replaced? I really need help as it is worrying the s**t out of me!
  2. iNub

iNub New Member

It should be fine because mine does that a bit too, but you should get it replaced just in case, so it doesn't get worse in the future.
  3. rugertyler

rugertyler Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    Mine does the exact same thing also, I think it's normal cuz my friends does it too. I don't think it's that big of a deal.
  4. amandureja

amandureja New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    yea, but i don't want to get it replaced as i rely on a jailbreak, and i definitely don't want to wait for a jailbreak for iOS4. do any of you guys have a screen protector on? because i think that it is the screen protector because i tried it with my friend's iPod (after a lot of begging to let me "wiggle his home button") and it was so perfect that i couldn't even wiggle. it would just press. he got it in may, and i got mine last october. also when i look at it, i could see that it looks like one side of the button is raised above the screen protector WTF?!?! i don't want to take the protector off because it is pretty hard to put back on perfectly with no bubbles, and my dad will spazz, because he is really (well, he is really "spazzy' let's put it that way). so i am taking that this is normal behaviour?
  5. iptouch3g

iptouch3g Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch

The screen protector only affects the home button if the film goes over the button itself. The glue bonding the film to the screen sticks to the button thus raising the button down once you press down.

It's not a big deal unless you keep clicking the home button like crazy.
  6. amandureja

amandureja New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    okay i'm thinking of taking it in to an apple store with a full restore and everything. i just have one question: do they give me a brand new ipod, or just fix the home button on the original? i rely heavily on a jailbreak and there is currently no jailbreak for ios4 on mc models.
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    anyone?