Should I be pissed or what?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by mackry, Oct 3, 2007.

1. mackry

mackry New Member

I bought my ipod touch about 2 weeks ago, and it was one of the defective screen ones, so I decided to try and take it back. I went to the Apple Store and asked if they knew about the issue and what they would do; they were willing to take it back and replace it with a new one; however, they were out of stock at the time. So I called the store everyday until they had some in-stock, finally they did 4 days later.

Heres this sh*t of the story. I head up to the store and... I drop my touch getting out of my car (about 1'6" ft off the ground), and it landed on the corner making a small dent in the cheap ass plastic part. I walked into the store and they told me they couldn't take it anymore because I voided the warranty 30 sec before I walked in the store by accidentally dropping it like every other human being on this earth has accidents. It's bullsh*t because they have this plastic around the outside that is prone to damage of the lightest drop. If it were a normal iPod, nothing would have happened because it's metal. If you looked at my old ipod nano, you wouldn't be able to tell that i dropped it off my staircase at 10 ft last year. I tried taking it back to 3 different Best Buys but I got the same answer. I even bought the extended warranty at Best Buy but that doesn't make a sh*t difference. What's worse is Apple doesn't even provide its consumers with a case for their product to help prevent damage and situations like this. buuuuuuuuuullllllshiiiiiitttt

Anyone have any suggestions? Am I being irrational? Does anyone know if the plastic under the gray paint is a different color, would it hurt to sand it and try to smooth it out to make it unnoticeable?

Thanks,
    Ryan
  2. 3CKO

3CKO New Member

hmmm if that was me i would like gut everyone in the room lol
  3. planemaker

planemaker New Member

Not criticizing ....but why did you not have it in the box?
  4. synagence

synagence New Member

Also ... have you not tried the ipod update to fix your screen.

Did mine a treat ...

But you can't expect a company to replace a "defective" device that shows signs of physical damage
  5. jmiz9000

jmiz9000 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    sue them for it
  6. smartdude24

smartdude24 New Member

Yes, I agree. If you were exchanging it for another... why didn't you have it packaged back up with the other components? It's not like they were going to do a straight swap by ripping apart some other iPod Touch box. Just a little confused here...
  7. mackry

mackry New Member

I didn't have it in the box because they have to look at it first, just like they did the first time. I walked in, they asked me to take it out of the box so they could show it to a technician.
  8. mattym

mattym New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    what grey part are you talking about, cause unless you got some special edition I'm pretty sure that the touch is black plasic with a metal backing
  9. mackry

mackry New Member

I guess you're right (tested the outside "plastic" w/ my teeth lol) It's metal. sh*t. Heres a picture. It's hardly noticeable holding it.

Please Register or Log in to view images

Does anyone know where I can shrink wrap the ipod touch box as if it has never been opened? ^_^ Or would that be wrong?

Please Register or Log in to view images

10. pdxubaru

pdxubaru New Member

I would ask to speak to a manager and explain that you had already been in the store and received approval for an exchange, you couldn't do the exchange because of a lack of stock, and that the damage was not present when you originally received the okay. If they told you they are going to exchange it, then they are required to do so.
    You can buy shrink wrap kits anywhere...