Should Bluetooth stop searching?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Picapacapopo, Jun 18, 2009.

1. Picapacapopo

Picapacapopo New Member

My Bluetooth search never stops. We have cellphones around here, but I don't think it'd connect to one of those. Other than that, we have no other Bluetooth devices. When I turn on Bluetooth, it just says "Searching.." and keeps looping. Is it ever supposed to stop like the Wifi does if there isn't a connection?

Thanks, hope I put this clearly enough.

Later,
    Alex
  2. vandakeg

vandakeg New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Mine is doing the same thing. Kinda makes me want to turn off bluetooth so it doesn't drain the battery.
  3. LeanPocketTouch

LeanPocketTouch Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    The Bluetooth feature on the iPt2g is meant for stereos if you read the update dialogue box before you updated. Some stereos have Bluetooth that you can connect to and play your music to wirelessly. I wish the 1G had Bluetooth cuz my stereo supports it :c
  4. touch owner in AL

touch owner in AL Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    I think you just have to 'mate' it with your headphones/earpiece. I know when I hooked my earpiece up to my phone, I had to turn the earpiece on, let the phone 'search' for it, and then connect it so it would be secure connection between the two devices. Bluetooth is a pretty standard thing, sort of like how USB is a standard in computing, so I imagine they all work the same way. If you are not going to hook something up to it via bluetooth, then turn it off. I do the same with my phone, and most of the time it is left off.