Shortage of iPod Touch 2G in Canada?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by crazyfred02, Oct 12, 2008.

1. crazyfred02

crazyfred02 New Member

I am new to this forum although I have come here to read quite often in order to get the latest news on the iPod Touch!
    I have now decided to buy an iPod Touch 2G, but unfortunately have been unable to find one. I have heard that Canada is having an iPod touch shortage right now. Is this true for the whole of Canada, as for me (in Quebec City) I have been unable to get my hands on one.
    If indeed there is a shortage, how long do you believe it will last?

Just a little notice to let you guys know that I have finally found my iPod touch. I found it at a local costco. Thanks for all the advice on where to find one. As for people who are having difficulty finding one in Canada I heArd that the shortage should be fixed within 2 weeks.
    thanks!

Im soooo... anxious to get my iPod Touch but am decided on whether to get the 8 or 16GB model (60$ price difference) any thoughts on that too?
  2. DeanN

DeanN New Member

Try Costco. I got one from there after Future shop delayed my order.
  3. Thao

Thao New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Order from Apple.
  4. Xyklok

Xyklok New Member

Ordered mine from BestBuy in Quebec (online) on september 26 and I still haven't received it.
  5. katakonik

katakonik New Member

I got mine at Best Buy in store. They had 3 left when I got mine. I suggest checking the store stock on the futureshop or Best Buy website because they seem to be pretty accurate from my experience.
  6. iPTF_BROWSER

iPTF_BROWSER Active Member

Device:
    HTC One
    Yeah, order it from Apple. It will arrive within 2-3 days.
  7. Delicache

Delicache New Member

I bought a 32g yesterday at futureshop but it was the second place i went to and it looked to be the last 2nd gen. The first place,The Source, said that they were having a hard time getting them in so buying straight from Apple may be the quickest way right now.
    get the most storage capacity you can, you never regret having too much storage space.
    Andre
  8. crazyfred02

crazyfred02 New Member

Finally today, I called all of the stores in Quebec City that sell the iPod Touch and NONE of them had any iPod touchs at all (again). They all said that Apple isnt supplying them at all with any Touchs. I really think Apple is having a problem here in Canada. Any ideas on when this might be restored. And btw, it is impossible for me to buy from apple.ca

Please Register or Log in to view images

9. bassam

bassam Member

Yup .. there is a shortage ... i live in London Ontario, and got mine a week ago, but i was like u wanting one badly and kept calling bestbuy and futureshop every day to see if they got it yet .... and finally i called the bestbuy beside my house and they said they had 9 left ... so i went to get mine like 30 mins after ... to only find 4 left .. soo i bought mine !!!
  10. phunguss

phunguss New Member

my local BB said maybe saturday morning...

how about the actual apple stores in canada? they must be stocking them adequately.