[Short Review] PCMobilizr

Discussion in 'iTunes App Store Reviews' started by Ex-Touch, Jul 29, 2008.

1. Ex-Touch

Ex-Touch New Member

Please Register or Log in to view images

Introduction

PCMobilizr is another one of these remote desktop applications for the iPhone/iPod touch. With PCMobilizr, you can access your desktop through the PCMobilizr desktop client anywhere in the world. You don't have to worry about firewalls, or any of the technical stuff because it is all taken care of by the client. All you do is connect through the application with your Username and Password, and tap on your computer.

Productivity

Getting things done with this application is not what I've expected. It is very slow to refresh, and the display isn't very good. It would be useful really only for typing and doing small tasks. I wouldn't advise doing large tasks like creating/modifying images in Photoshop.

Display

Overall, the display is horrible. The graphics look very groggy and misplaced.

Convenience

PCMobilizr is very reliable when connecting. You can expect to be connected within seconds and on your mobile desktoping needs.

Rating

Overall, I'd give this application a 6/10 because of it's slow refresh rate, the graphics, and the fact that you can't really do large tasks.

Miscellaneous Information

Application Price: Free
    Registration Price: Free 30 day trial
    iTunes Link: http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=285330553&mt=8

Note: Requires registration on the pcmobilizr website.
  2. h_picko

h_picko New Member

how much des it cost?
  3. Ex-Touch

Ex-Touch New Member

Oops, sorry. Lemme edit.