Short Batter Life

Discussion in 'iPod touch 2G Jailbreak: redsn0w, 24kpwn, etc.' started by Jake1991, Feb 8, 2009.

1. Jake1991

Jake1991 New Member

Ok, I used sbsetting and I turn off brightness, ssh, wifi, etc when I'm not using it, and my batter life is still only like an hour and a half, 2 hours tops. It is Jailbroken. Idk if it because of the jailbreak or what. I just got this Ipod touch on Christmas and the Battery shouldn't be this crappy already.

Edit: Thx for everyone's support but I finally fixed the problem. SBSettings was making my battery go down faster then usual. When I uninstalled it my battery ACTUALLY STARTED GOING UP! and it wasn't even plugged in, So thx for the help. SBSETTINGS SUCKS!
  2. jesse1122

jesse1122 New Member

i posted another thread with this exact same problem! except it hit myn like 5 days after the jailbreak
  3. Jake1991

Jake1991 New Member

Something is telling me that this isn't a jailbreak problem, but an ipod problem. Because my battery started acting weird like 1 day before I jailbroke it.
  4. iCrap

iCrap Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    if you leave SSH on it murders the battery life.
  5. Man696

Man696 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    No this is a jailbreak broblem. I have been told by many people that have the 1g that the jb lowers battery. Then when I did mine the battery life went down substantially.
  6. Jake1991

Jake1991 New Member

but I had this problem a day before I jailbroke it.
  7. jesse1122

jesse1122 New Member

it defiantly the jail break. i put it back to normal and now its all fine
  8. Jake1991

Jake1991 New Member

Ok but I don't want to go back to normal. What should I do?
  9. GrooveMachine

GrooveMachine Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    That's not true in the slightest. The SSH service is a daemon that is only active when being requested. In other words, it's only running when it's connected to. Leaving it on has no effect on battery life whatsoever. MobileSubstrate plugins, however, will affect your battery life a bit, as they are always running (although small ones should have little effect). But anyway, don't worry about SSH being on or off, unless you don't want other people logging into your iPod in public places over it (but for that matter, you an simply change the root password with the "passwd" command).
  10. Jake1991

Jake1991 New Member

So am I screwed or what?