Shop 3g unlocking

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by orkodan, Jan 3, 2009.

1. orkodan

orkodan New Member

I've tried unlocking my girlfriends 02 locked iPhone 3G with DevTeam's Yellowsn0w software but it just doesn't work for me, no matter which way I try.

Anyway, I've seen adverts on the internet for lots of places saying they can do it, so is this true? Has the iPhone 3G always been unlocked by small time non-apple/phone company shops?

Basically, I bought my girlfriend a locked phone from England and shipped it to Norway as it was nearlly half the price of what they sell for here and hoped that the new Devtool would unlock it but as it's not worked for me I'm just thinking of paying a shop to do it, seeing as it's only around £20, and that way my GF will have a fully unlocked and working iPhone, as she's not really a technical person I'm worried that if the unlock does work there may still be bugs and then now and again she'll loose the use of her phone.
  2. wordlife6272

wordlife6272 New Member

no, dont ever pay to get it unlocked, they just scam u into downloading yellowsn0w for $$$$
  3. orkodan

orkodan New Member

Hehe, yeah I'd never fall for that

Please Register or Log in to view images

I'd definately check before how they do it and what software etc, but that would only be if people on here knew that they used the same bit of kit as 02 and all the other phone companies that can quite easily do it.