Sharing Apps & Games

Discussion in 'iTunes App Store Games & Apps' started by Che Che, Sep 30, 2008.

1. Che Che

Che Che New Member

At first, iPod Touch was expensive. Prices went down.... make story short, my wife and I now both have iPod Touch. All Apps and Games were paid for under her credit card since I gave the iPod to her for her birthday. Question is, now that I have my own iPod Touch, is it legal for us to share the games and apps that we have paid for? Yes, I do use my own laptop to synch my music. If it is LEGAL to share, how can we copy all the apps and games from her iPod to mine?

Both of us are using PC and I can log in to both computers using her apple ID. Please let us know. Thanks in advance.
  2. fear_2670

fear_2670 Banned

Apps have DRM, so if you want to share(which is not illegal), you need to have iTunes registered with the same account.
  3. TmacHot

TmacHot Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    yes i think you can do i
    sync your ipod into her pc itunes
    then if you donwload an app itunes will said that" you have downloaded this app , do you want to download it again for free?"\
    try with a cheap app for sure
  4. Aprosamurai

Aprosamurai Active Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    of course man you guys paid for them its not like your offering to resell them theirs yours shouldnt be an issue
  5. Che Che

Che Che New Member

Wow

First of, thanks for that lightning fast response.

Well, we're both using one itunes/apple account, but the problem is that we have two laptops. I get her apps/games when i synch my ipod to her laptop. But when i connect my ipod to my laptop, it erases everything before i can synch. Please help.
  6. TmacHot

TmacHot Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    download apps from your ipod using the account?
  7. mikec1985

mikec1985 Active Member

Device:
    iPad
    What you can do is when you have your iPod plugged in select it on the main tab that shows your serial etc there should be something below that with check boxes next to them. Check the box that says manually manage music and uncheck the one that says sync when plug in. And that will stop it from syncing when u plug it in.

You can also sign out your account on your computer and sign in the wifes account download the apps again for free then they will be on your computer
  8. lukage

lukage New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Sign into her itunes account on your lapton. Then click authorize computer from one of the menus at the top.
  9. Shadowriver

Shadowriver Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Yep it work for 100% just authorize both iPoTs and computers to same Apple ID and you can safely use separate iPoTs in separate computers and buy apps on one and redownload same app for free on other one ;]
  10. Che Che

Che Che New Member

Cool!

Thanks! I will try this when I get home. Again, thank very much for all your help.