"Sharing" applications?

Discussion in 'iTunes App Store Games & Apps' started by Huy, Jul 21, 2008.

1. Huy

Huy New Member

Hi,

I would really like to buy me an iPhone 3G and I already have an iPod Touch and I wanted to know, whether it is possible to load the same paid-applications (for example SMB), which already are on my iPod Touch, onto my iPhone? Or do I have to pay for that once again?

Something else: Does iTunes save onto my iTunes account what I bought? So, if I have an iTunes account with which I bought SMB, than I downgrade iTunes to 7.5, will I still be able (after an upgrade to 7.7 again) to load the applications, which I bought on 7.7 onto my iPod?

Greetz

PS: And sorry for my horrible english.
  2. ohdarlingx

ohdarlingx Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    Yes, your purchases are tied to your iTunes account, I believe. You won't have to pay for the same thing twice.
  3. Huy

Huy New Member

So I will be able to use SMB once purchased on both of my devices running on one iTunes account?

Greetz

//e: If this is all true, I can share every application with my brother / my parents when we are all using the same account?
  4. Joe Rossignol

Joe Rossignol Community Manager Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Yes, you only need to purchase the application once and you can share it amongst your family.

I'm not sure about downgrading and reupgrading back to iTunes 7.7, sorry.

I know that you'll have a receipt sent to your email everytime you purchase an application so that could prove as proof if necessary.