Sharing Applications Between iPod Touches

Discussion in 'iTunes App Store Games & Apps' started by Tigercat212, Jan 6, 2009.

1. Tigercat212

Tigercat212 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I have some apps that I purchased for my iPod Touch and my friend wants me to give him those apps and he would give me his. Is this legal and if it is, how would I go about doing this?

Thanks!

Tigercat212

I will have a contest/giveaway soon so stay tuned to Jon4Lakers.com for more details. My name on the site is Jon S. and I will be posting details about the contest/giveaway probably tomorrow but maybe tonight. Stay Tuned!
  2. NickPod

NickPod Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    If the Apps that you are referring to were not free, then no it is not legal... and if they were free, your friend could download them himself.

The Apps are drm-encoded just like iTunes music, meaning they can only be used with the account you downloaded them with. Your account is allowed to have up to 5 authorized computers that are capable of using the music, videos, apps, etc.
    So, you would need to give him access to your iTunes account and have him add his computer as one of the ones authorized for your account.
    Then you can plug in your iPod into his computer, transfer the purchases, and they will copy to his iTunes library.

Just keep in mind it is not legal.
  3. chavanak

chavanak Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    Hey do you have any idea how to de-authorize a computer to which we had given authorization before? My problem is I don't have access to those computers (they were destroyed) and I want to remove those access so I can give it to other systems (nothing illegal here all 5 systems belong to me only

Please Register or Log in to view images

)
  4. Ryan

Ryan Well-Known Member

Device:
    Nexus 4
    you can do it through the account in questions settings. There is an option to deactivate computers. But it deactivates all of them, not just 1.