Share WiFi with computer via USB.

Discussion in 'Application Ideas' started by Colin Smiley, Sep 17, 2008.

1. Colin Smiley

Colin Smiley New Member

Share WiFi with computer via USB, Anyone else think it would be a nice application to be able to bridge your iPod Touch's WiFi connection to your network with your computer?

I have seen applications that can tether Edge with your computer, So it can be done...

Anyone?
  2. iPhoneFTW

iPhoneFTW New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    If you could access Wi-fi through your iPod, surely you could just connect your computer to the Wi-fi aswell..... ?
  3. Ryan

Ryan Well-Known Member

Device:
    Nexus 4
    not necessarily.... my cousins ipod does not pick up his wifi network.. but his computer connects fine to it. This would be a good example for when this would work well.
  4. Colin Smiley

Colin Smiley New Member

Well, I have my computers hooked up through my wired router, My Mom does not like the ethernet cord across the kitchen though

Please Register or Log in to view images

I was thinking about getting a wireless card sometime soon but meh
  5. pickles

pickles New Member

Well, I've been asking this question for a while now... I have a computer in my room and I have wifi. I just want a program that could use the iPod's wifi to connect to the computer. I wish it could be done...
  6. Julchen

Julchen New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    If you understand german, there is a long thread about getting to the internet without wlan router:
    http://www.ifans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26218
    Perhaps you are successful. I didn't get it running. Your idea with USB would be great for me.
    Julchen
  7. megaran

megaran New Member

well i have a computer in my room but its dinosaur old... we have to wireless routers but my computer isnt wireless. i use my ipod with the wifi routers all the time and was wondering if i could use my ipod to conect to the routers with my computer the only problem is ive tryed other stuff like pda net (cause i have a jailbroken ipod) but it wont connect unless there is already an established conecction is there anyone who can help
  8. ibebyi

ibebyi New Member

Device:
    iPad
    i Think in this case it would have been ok to start a new thread considering the one you are posting on is about 2 years old.
  9. killerhobo

killerhobo New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Warning!!

DON'T DO THAT!! I've already tried and CCproxy gave me a trojan. luckily I removed it.
  10. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

@ megaran
    I have that same problem how do we fix it???