Shaky Touchscreen

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Boomerkuwanga, Jun 7, 2009.

1. Boomerkuwanga

Boomerkuwanga New Member

Hello, I'm new to this forum, and to the iPod touch in general. I've successfully jailbroken my ipod touch 2g, but I'm having an issue with my touchscreen. When I'm using Safari, my touch screen is very unresponsive. If I leave my finger on it, it will shake all over the place and resize at random. When I try to resize intentionally, it rarely works. I've only installed Bossprefs, *******ula, Mewseek, and safari download plugin from cydia.
    Has anyone else had this problem, and how did you resolve it?

Any help would be appreciated. Recovering/jailbreaking again would be a giant pain in the ass at this time.
  2. Olehk8

Olehk8 New Member

Try removing Safari Download Plugin? Maybe Bossprefs? If anything, replace Bossprefs with SBSettings, I might be wrong, but it seems a lot better. If it still doesn't work, you'll probably have to DFU restore. And if it still doesn't work, It's back to the apple store :/
  3. jayjay960

jayjay960 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Were you having this problem before you jailbroke, or before you installed those apps?
  4. cocotutch

cocotutch Community Development Team Staff Member

Device:
    5G iPod touch
    A Tap, a let go and then another tap in quick succession will Zoom in the Page to where you tapped. It looks like it Zooms, but an "Overview Zoom" (A pinch out) will not usually happen by itself. And if you hold your finger on the touch screen and move it even slightly, the screen detects it as a scroll and will move however fractionally, but noticeably.

CT
  5. Boomerkuwanga

Boomerkuwanga New Member

I'm well aware of how the device works. It was not behaving like this before or right after jailbreak. I didn't change anything in the 48 hours prior to the problem's appearance. it's very pronounced. I uninstalled everything I put on post-jailbreak and it still does it. I'm going to default it and re jailbreak(sigh) tonight to see if it's faulty hardware. I have to use a very crappy xp laptop to do the actual jailbreaking though, so it takes forever.