Shades cases

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by Isabel, Feb 9, 2008.

1. Isabel

Isabel New Member

http://shadescases.com/

Anyone have these? I ordered two last night. The price is reasonable and they have a contest that I played and got a buy one get one free.
  2. badhodge10

badhodge10 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    i saw those online today. tell me how they are cuz they look pretty tight
  3. saysay

saysay New Member

I don't like those b/c it covers the screen and goes over the sleep/wake button. It's kind of like the plastic covers you put over your nice couch.
  4. Isabel

Isabel New Member

I have th DLO Videoshell now and the case covers the sleep/wake button - I got used to it and it is no big deal. I just want to keep it from getting all scratched up on the back.

I like the Shades cases because they work in the dock without removing the case and I'm hoping they are not so slippery as the DLO. I cannot even remove the DLO case without breaking it, and it collects dust underneath.

I am convinced that the perfect case does not exist, but the price ($22 incl. shipping for two cases with the buy 1 get 1 free contest deal) was right.
  5. saysay

saysay New Member

Did you see the pics on ilounge though? The entire material is "glittery" so the clear screen part is very unclear.
  6. Isabel

Isabel New Member

The pictures look like the fronts are clear, and the backs are glittery. I think the regular iPods have colored (or glittery) material covering the click wheels, but the colored stuff does not cover the screens on either iPod or Touch case.

It may be OK, or it may be not the right case for me. But for $22 it is worth a test, and if I have to toss them no big loss.
  7. saysay

saysay New Member

you're right. my bad

looks good to me then except there is still soft plastic over the screen and the chance of dust getting in between...
  8. Isabel

Isabel New Member

I got these cases last week, and meh. I have a screen protector on my Touch and the plastic from these cases stick to it and make the screen blotchy. Plus, they feel cheap. They are a good idea, but I'd like to see a better, clearer screen cover. And you were partially correct saysay, they do have a bit of glitter on the screen. Cool concept, but the case needs a bit more polish to be a true contender.
  9. GregMac1213

GregMac1213 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    If their touch cases are anything like their Nano cases, then I'd stay as far away from these things as possible.

I agree that it is a good idea in concept. But the execution is severely lacking.
    On the Nano cases, the embossing on the click wheel doesn't line up. And the effect looks really bad.

When I attempted to remove it -- using the instructions from their site -- the case split. I thought maybe I did something wrong. So I tried the second (free) case they included. I was even more careful when trying to remove it. Exact same results: ripped.

So this company won't be getting any more of my business.
  10. iMario

iMario Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    ive won the Pink ShadesCases

Please Register or Log in to view images