SFTP won't connect to jailbroken iPod Touch

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.x Jailbreak' started by euphextreme, Oct 15, 2007.

1. euphextreme

euphextreme New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I jailbroke my Touch last night using touchfree version 5. Everything went smoothly, I have installer.app and trip1pogostick installed and working. The only problem I'm facing is that when i try to connect to my iPod using WinSCP or CuteFTP, or even when I ping it through the command prompt, it doesn't connect at all and times out. I've installed BSD Subsystem and OpenSSH through installer.app and still no luck. Any help would be appreciated.
  2. bunnyhero

bunnyhero New Member

i find that opening a new connection can be very slow. when i use winSCP, it takes longer than the 15 seconds that it gives you before showing the timeout dialog. just wait, don't click abort, and it should eventually connect. it might take 30 seconds to a minute, even.
  3. Hazed

Hazed Retired Moderator

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    That often happens, just try again in a minute or so.
  4. picaso

picaso New Member

Most times when your ipod touch goes to sleep and disconnects, when it reconnects the ip address changes, especially if your are using more than one pc on your wireless router, MAKE SURE you disable sleep so you can maintain and ip till you are done, and always re-check the ip address.
  5. euphextreme

euphextreme New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    How do I set the timeout on WinSCP?

Could this have something to do with the fact that I am borrowing a neighbor's wi-fi, meaning that my computer is not on the same network as my iPod? I don't believe this is a problem as today, I used a friend's laptop on campus and connected to the same wireless network as my iPod with the exact same result. Thanks for your tips though. Keep them coming, please!