severe troubles updating to 1.1.3

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 1.1.3 Discussions' started by lorenz, Feb 4, 2008.

1. lorenz

lorenz New Member

Hi folks,
    i just wanted to share my experiences updating my jailbroken 1.1.1 to 1.1.3 with you. At first, after preparing for 1.1.2 jb i wanted to upload 1.1.2 firmware (itunes 7.5). this procedure messed up my ipod touch, and up to now i am having severe problems even running it on non jb 1.1.3. i could not reinstall 1.1.1 in a lot of trials, and updating to 1.1.3 only worked after approx. 10 trials. however, after having a non jb 1.1.3 instead of jb 1.1.2 running. additional problemg appeared and still are happening up to now. when i want to sync all my music, after 2 minutes or so, itunes claims that the device can not be written on, and then when i try to click sync again, itunes claims it doesnt find my ipod (though it still is connected). when i disconnect and reconnect my ipod it kicks my usb wlan stick where i get connection to the internet. i also tried to reinstal itunes 7.5 and finally 7.6, still having the same problems. I also tried to recover 1.1.3 yesterday evening, but after several trials i capitulated. i am completely upset and disappointed, maybe it was myself who did the initial mess wanting to update a 1.1.1 jb ipod, but not being able to run the nonjb 1.1.3 ist really annoying. at this stage i even would be happy if someone could provide me with infos so that i can run the 1.1.3 nonjb with itunes correctly.
    pls help
    thx a lot in advance,
    lorenz
  2. jped

jped New Member

when in safari do you get "safari cant ope the page because it cant find the server?" If so then it is probably a DNS problem
  3. lorenz

lorenz New Member

i should have state more clear. i have done all this on a PC. and the problem is, that when i try to sync and reconnect my ipod on my laptop, the wlan stick (also connected to the laptop by usb) is somehow affected, it suddenly stops to work. i have to remoce and attach it again. then it works until i try to sync my ipod again.