Severe glitches in 1.0.0

Discussion in 'Gameboy Advance emulator (gpSPhone)' started by EnTg, Dec 4, 2007.

1. EnTg

EnTg New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Well, the games run fine, and the new control scheme is quite good...

BUT the main menu is weirdly distorted, the top bar is BELOW the black bottom bar, and the bottom bar doesn't have any icons (!). Also, when I don't have a bios, the text that says "bios needed" is all garbled and unreadable. I've tried reinstalling and such, but no dice. Anyone else with weird glitches like this?
  2. Nt1440

Nt1440 New Member

u need the correct bios.....
  3. EnTg

EnTg New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Does the bios have any bearing on the main menu though?
    The games run fine (with the BIOS i have in there) and previous versions of gpsphone worked with this BIOS too.
  4. Nordini

Nordini Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    everybody has these glitches, but do they really bother you?

it doenst bother me at all where the top bar is. and idc what its like as long as i can still access everything and play my games fine.
  5. plg6067

plg6067 New Member

I thought it was obvious that the moving of the bars was made as an improvement.... I like it, it's not a "problem"
  6. Emanjl

Emanjl New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Totally unrelated "glitch" but, I've noticed that the L + R buttons do not work when tapped? Is this just me?
  7. Joseph

Joseph Retired Moderator

My L + R buttons work well... No problem on there... I just miss the mute button.
  8. [AFX]

[AFX] Well-Known Member

this is not BIOS related whatsoever.

BIOS = Basic Input Output System

this BIOS has a set of routines that initializes the systems hardware after power on and allows ROMs to be loaded, or, "played"

now, this BIOS is loaded when you load a ROM, not when you start the emulator. the bar you speak of being at the bottom of the screen is something the programmer has either a) wanted there intentionally or b) a glitch (i strongly believe placing this bar at the bottom was intentional).

its just common sense no?
  9. berky93

berky93 New Member

the top bar is at the bottom for me too. doesnt matter, everything works. besides, you only see that screen for 5 seconds while you load up your game. if there was a problem with the game screen, that would be different.