Several attempts but no success installing the Apple Mobile Device Driver

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by thomez, Nov 4, 2007.

1. thomez

thomez New Member

I've installed the newest version of iTunes... I've deleted Quicktime and iTunes and started over... I've deleted my virus scanner so I knew it wasn't the problem... and started over... I've tried to manually install the drivers by extracting them from the installation files for iTunes... basically I've tried everything I can think of or find online to try - yet my ipod touch is not recognized by iTunes... I can't even get it setup... any ideas are much appreciated... thank you.

I would prefer to fix this than throw it a long distance into a wall...

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. jord

jord New Member

Is this a brand new out of th box ipod?
    Or have you jail broken it, and now something has gone wrong?

Try forcing it into restore mode...
  3. thomez

thomez New Member

Brand new out of the box...
  4. Thomas.Closs

Thomas.Closs New Member

im having the same problem

i had a jailbroke ipodt returned it as this problem appeared and now my new one isnt working
  5. thomez

thomez New Member

I might try to install iTunes on my aunt's computer tonight and see if it works... then I will know if it s a computer problem or an ipod problem... also I just want to setup the darn thing so I can start using some of the features even if it won't sync with iTunes.
  6. NCtarheels011

NCtarheels011 New Member

hey

yeah you need to put it into restore mode and holding down both buttons and then when the apple logo comes up let go of the on/off button. it should then come up with the usb icon plugging into the itunes icon. any help just contact me. thanks.
  7. thomez

thomez New Member

I get that Icon every time I plug it in, but iTunes is not recognizing it. I get a message in the system tray that says I plugged in an Ipod but then it will say that the hardware did not install properly and may not work. The problem is the Apple Mobile Device Driver ... for whatever reason, it will not load on my machine properly.
  8. thomez

thomez New Member

well today I went to my aunt's downloaded iTunes on her stupid satellite connection (think.... slow .... then imagine half that speed) and installed it on her computer, plugged in the touch... bam, no problemo

I have no clue what the problem is with the drivers and my computer, but I am still unsure what I'm going to do to get this thing to work at my house. At least now I can use the darn thing though.
  9. AlexRADL

AlexRADL Retired Moderator

This has happened to a lot of people. I don't know why it wouldn't work the first time, but I am glad to see you got it working. Have fun with your new touch!

Please Register or Log in to view images

10. thomez

thomez New Member

it still will not sync or charge from my home computer... which makes it equal parts awesome and equal parts pain in the @ss