Settlers of Catan

Discussion in 'iTunes App Store Games & Apps' started by craigstephen420, Sep 13, 2008.

1. craigstephen420

craigstephen420 New Member

Does anyone think Apple will release this great game on the touch in the app store? I think its a pretty simple game graphically and online play would be easy as well. If anyone has heard anything, that would be great to know.
  2. Teslanaut

Teslanaut Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    It would be great if anyone knew what it was. Maybe give Wikipedia links, Google Links, Images, Videos, Gameplay footage. What it is etc. Just mentioning the name doesn't really help at all.

Here, I'll do some of the work:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Settlers_of_Catan

Please Register or Log in to view images

http://www.youtube.com/results?um=1&q=settlers of catan&tab=w1&sa=N&ie=UTF-8

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/game/13

http://catanonline.com/default.htm?MSID=2c02f7e0a1e2460cbd1b4de1d0987b46&c00=1
  3. craigstephen420

Thanks and sorry about that. I just figured the people who do know about it would love to see it in the app store. I played it online at my buddies house for like a month straight until the wee hours of the morning. I started on the board game and wish they would come out with it on PS3 or the touch. Thanks again for the links!
  4. Shadowriver

Shadowriver Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Let's start to find compatible game developer for this. Two major quastions:
    -Isn't this board game copyrighted to some company? :> If yes they need permission from them or they may end up like Tris or Flying Rider. So this give as another good quastion:
    -Is there already a developer that virtualize this game in to any computer-like device? If yes we gonna know how high chances this game have to get on touch
  5. bkram1

bkram1 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I remember this game was released on Xbox 360 and was a hit among those who knew the game. I have never tried it but I would love to if I got the chance!

Bkram1
  6. craigstephen420

Its highly addictive and takes alot of strategy to win. I think anyone who understands how to play it would think this would make a must have app for our touches.
  7. jkiv

jkiv New Member

I was thinking of trying to make settler's for the iphone/touch. However, I worry about the legal problems.

If I do make a clone someday and it's successfully put into the app store, I will let you know!
  8. Redsmith

Redsmith New Member

Perhaps you could work with asobrain.com to create a mobile safari friendly version of their existing online catan clone. That way iphone users could also get all the benefits of server gameplay (computer or live opponents).
  9. eak000

eak000 New Member

There is a Catan mobile app, but not for the iphone. I am hoping they develop one though. The same company also makes a mobile app for the game Hey! That's My Fish!, which is a great abstract strategy game masquerading as a kids' game.
  10. idk761

idk761 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    this game was fun when I played it on a board. The game takes luck and strategy. Cutting off your enemy is always fun. I want this game on an iPod touch