Settings on quake4iPhone...

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X Jailbreak' started by Fehr, Jul 31, 2008.

1. Fehr

Fehr New Member

Hiya everyone.

Quite a bit of the iPTF forum has, lately, gotten worked up due to the lack of applications on FW 2.0. Hence, what has been released or ported become only more prominent to our eyes. One of those games happen to be the quake emulator, quake4iphone (or at least in my eyes... I think this is a wonderful emulation).

According to zodttd's thread at http://www.zodttd.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2842, you can change the settings of the quake game by editing the game's configuration files. Well, enough of my rambling. My question here is:

--How would you go about editing the configuration strings so that you would be able to switch weapons? Or, if I'm just clueless, how DO YOU switch weapons?
  2. andydam

andydam Banned

For me, I switched my weapons change into the + and - buttons. To chage sttings, SSH into your ipod and grab config.cfg from /Applications/quake4iphone.app/id1/, then edit the text so it has this line,

bind "ALT" "impulse 10"

Save the file, then SSh it back onto the iPod.
  3. Fehr

Fehr New Member

Oh thanks a million! ^^ I owe you big time. Was getting a little annoyed with not being able to switch weapons.
  4. andydam

andydam Banned

You're welcome.

Please Register or Log in to view images