Settings Acting Wierd

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X' started by grimrip, Sep 16, 2008.

1. grimrip

grimrip New Member

Everything is working fine in 2.1 except that the Settings > General > Date & Time and also Mail, Contacts, Calenders (who knows what else) don't work anymore and keeps returning to home page. It's a good trade off from 2.0 but I'd like to know if it's permanent before I do a restore, otherwise I'd rather wait for Apple to come up with a fix.
    Anyone else with same issues?
  2. PVGuero

PVGuero New Member

Nope.. smooth as silk.. both iPhone 2G and Touch 1G. Got my wifi back to full now with 2.1 as well on both. 2.0.1 brought my reception waaay down.
  3. rayden

rayden Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    Nope, I don't get problem. But the problems which really bugging me are:

1. By iTunes 8, I don't get whole picture of album art in my iPod/iPhone 2.1, some are totally black, some are black in the thumbnail, some has only half picture.

2. For my iPhone, the "slide to answer" is really annoying. I can't slide the button for picking up the phone. Sometime after sliding the button, I have to press the HOME button to answer.

Anyone has this problem and the solution?
  4. fha11

fha11 New Member

I had the same issue with not being able to slide to answer, but do u have this issue with only a select few contacts or all of them...... what i did was ssh into my phone n navigate to /private/var/mobile/Library/AddressBook n set both files in that directory to 0777... respringed, n everything was back to normal... try that out, n let me know if it worked for you...
  5. rayden

rayden Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    Thanks for the info, but it seems taht I have no problem at all with the contacts. All works well.

Have you solve the problem of slide to answer? Have you got it working by changing the permission?
  6. fha11

fha11 New Member

I had the exact same issue a while back, with slide to answer.... Everytime a select few contacts would call, the slider woudlnt slide on the screen, the only way i could pick up the call was by pressing the home button just like u stated... by changing the permissions on both files in the address book folder to 0777, everything worked fine, n went back to normal... try it out, both ways you have nothing to lose...
  7. grimrip

grimrip New Member

OK, we seem to have sidetracked on the thread here (which was an ipod touch problem) and went on to an iphone problem with 2.1. Nevermind, I just wanted to update the thread to say that the problem has been resolved by a full "restore" as new, meaning that contents get wiped out. Everything is working now (hopefully remains that way) including the Clock and other original apps. Just a matter of reinstalling everything from scratch

Please Register or Log in to view images