setting up vpn?

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by harryc, Mar 21, 2010.

1. harryc

harryc New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    i'm running off xp on my home computer, and i want to use vpn at my college so i can bypass some sites?? how do i set it up on windows so that i can use the settings on my ipod? or is this not possible?
  2. SoBe

SoBe Banned

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    My friend said that another guy used VPN and had internet everywhere.
  3. Alvano

Alvano New Member

setting VPN to access internet anywhere..

thats possible for any one like your friend

Please Register or Log in to view images

, u need to look for a good vpn provider like hidmayss , iaps or purevpn these are some to bank upon, secondly its easier to set up vpn on any iOS device like Iphone or Ipod Touch, it only taked few steps to floow this blog vpn on Iphonemay help you better than my ans as it has described all the steps of set up in an easier way.. have fun,

Please Register or Log in to view images

4. BrettDaren

BrettDaren New Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (White)
    There are number of good VPN providers around as it is mentioned above. i will let you know the settings of VPN on your iPod
    so here i will share some steps to configure VPN on iPod Touch.

Tap on your iPod Settings Icon.
    Tap General.
    Tap Network.
    Tap VPN.
    Now you will find an option to configure a VPN connection named “Add VPN Configuration”.
    Select PPTP, i’ll let you know about the L2TP setup, later in this post.
    Simply, add your VPN configuration being provided by your VPN Service Provider.
    Description is simply the Name that you want to give to your VPN Connection. Name it whatever you want to name it. e.g. Bestvpnservice.com.
    Now Server name is only provided by the VPN service provider. It will be like “connect.bestvpnservice.com”. Do not try and put this as your server name, it won’t work. It will only be provided by your service provider.
    Similar to your Server Name, Your Account Name and Password will also be provided by your VPN Service provider.
    After adding the information in these three fields. Set your RSA Secure ID to Off.
    Set your encryption level to Auto.
    Set, “Send All Traffic” to “ON”
    Save the Configurations and return back to the Home Screen of your iPhone.
    Tap your Settings once again and now Magic! you will see VPN Slider Tab added to your settings, just below your WiFi Tab.
    Set it to ON. You will have your VPN up and running.
    L2TP VPN Connection on iPhone

Adding L2TP Connection on iPhone follows the steps similar to setting up a PPTP Connection. You just have to select L2TP, while configuring a VPN Connection. Enter all the fields as described above in the PPTP setup. You will just see one added feature i.e. you will have to enter a Secret. The secret will also be provided to you by your VPN Service Provider. that will be unique to a VPN Service Provider for providing L2TP Connection.