Server doesn't respond

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by iBart, Oct 3, 2010.

1. iBart

iBart Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    EDIT: The message is reading
    Cannot Open Page
    Safari could not open the page because the server stopped responding.
    NOT the title of this thread.

lately Im having problems going to certain websites. It takes forever to load and finally it says something in the line of "safari can't open this page because the server doesn't respond." it may be because we have a new router, a sitecom. But some pages (like this one) load just perfect. The most annoying thing is that the site where I mostly come (Bungie.net) is included in this problem. Also, every day (but not more than once) suddenly all devices with wireless capabilities suddenly stop working for around an hour. But after that, it's as if nothing ever happened. Until next day of course. I don't know if that's relevant for the first problem, but just in case...
    Hope you guys can help me!
  2. tw23

tw23 Community Development Staff Member

r u jailbroken????

try this: turn ur wifi off... then wait, then turn it back on... it works for me
  3. iBart

iBart Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Done it a thousand times, but o well, I'll try it again. And yes, it is jailbroken (forgot to mention that).
  4. tw23

what software r u on... do u have any addons to safari
  5. neko3343

neko3343 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    Whether it helps or not, Bungie.net loads fine on my iPod.

I get the same problem sometimes, but only ever with Google search results. In most of those cases, it's either not important enough for me to worry about, or it works on a second try.

In one or two instances, I've had to reset our router (which doesn't make sense to me; If one site won't couldn't counnect, shouldnt they all be down?) But anyways, to do that, just unplug the power cord from your router, wait for the lights to be off for atleast 15 seconds, then plug it back in and wait for the lights to go back on. That's worked for me whenever I need it to.

It could also be that your internet connection is weak. Type 192.168.0.1 into your address bar and hit enter. If it asks for a username/password, go to www.routerpasswords.com, and select your router's brand and model. Since it's new, it should still be using default pairs, unless you've changed them. This should bring up a page about your router. Look for something about wireless, and your wifi password should be listed somewhere near your network name. If you have more than one password, try the other ones untill you get the right connection. Also works for getting your wifi password in the first place.

It's long, but I hope that atleast one of these can help you!
  6. tw23

The website u mentioned worked for me
  7. iBart

iBart Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Thanks for the replies!
    What the hell??? the wifi reset thing works!! For now... Thanks!
  8. iBart

iBart Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Hello again,

The problem showed up again. Some pages don't load but say:
    Cannot Open Page
    Safari could not open the page because the server stopped responding.

I Googled it a few times, and found out many other people also have this problem, but i couldn't find a solution (yet).
    The weird thing is, after rapidly tapping the <refresh> button, then te <stop loading> button on the side of the URL box, it sometimes DOES load. But not always, and although I am glad that it works sometimes, its still annoying to spend 10 seconds rapidly tapping before finding out if it works with that page.
    Also maybe worth mentioning:
    I recently updated to 4.1 and rejailbroke it. So the problem exists on both the 3.1.3 and 4.1 firmware.

P.S. i come from the Netherlands, sorry if my English sucks :0