Seriously.....When?

Discussion in 'iOS Development' started by allbrokeup, Oct 24, 2008.

1. allbrokeup

allbrokeup New Member

Seriously.....When?

When are we getting these Binary toolchain installers for Mac OS X, Windows and whatever? Saurik doesn't have to make them for us, just upload them to TPB or The Green Demon and let us download them that way. The RIDICULOUS methods for setting up the toolchain NEVER work for me. Not even the iDevKit one which everyone who comments, says they got it right the first time.

How?

I am on Mac OS X 10.5.5 like every other Intel/Leopard user by now, and the Toolchain just simply does NOT setup. No matter if I try it on a Clean Install of Mac OS X + Xcode 3.1 + iPhone SDK. Do I have to enter each miserable line of the Terminal crud, or can I copy and paste big chunks?

Anyway...

Will these hyped up Binary Toolchain installers, do what they are MEANT to do? Setup the toolchain 100% infallibly, for the people who can't do it manually? Or will they fail like the rest of the instructions floating around the web?

I would like to compile some Toolchain apps to use on my device and maybe even help setup a better GUI for WinterBoard once Saurik replies to my email. I am pretty much sick and tired of waiting the 15 minute startup time for Installer and Cydia and the download and Respring time. Compiling and uploading will be great, especially directly from Xcode with the Pwned Template.

/End Rant

Please don't criticize me about this post. I have been writing Cocoa Apps for Mac OS X for around 3 years and have been trying to setup this toolchain since it came around for 1.1.1.

Thankyou in advance for any help,

allbrokeup
  2. SkylarEC

SkylarEC Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

As I've stated, the binary toolchain installer, created by Saurik, has been ready since the day the first NDA dropped some weeks back. It has not been released becaue he, and many others, were waiting on the new NDA to arise. That new agreement was /just/ released today.

EDIT: On second thought, quote removed, as it was said in private and is not public informaton.
  3. Chicken

Chicken Retired Moderator

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    so will it be released "soon" now the NDA has been announced
  4. allbrokeup

allbrokeup New Member

Thankyou. So. So. Much. I just was really really angry that I had to erase my GlassBook Pro and fresh Install Leopard from the included discs only 2 days after I got it - bluddee (incorrect spelling intended

Please Register or Log in to view images

) beauty of a machine

- because a file was deleted by accident.

Thankyou and I really hope the Binary Toolchain works. For me anyway

Footnote: SkylarEC, since you are a mod, lock this thread, it doesn't need to be replied to anymore.