seriously screwed ipot

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by wadded, Jan 15, 2008.

1. wadded

wadded Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    seriously screwed ipot
    ok so i screwed up with the extended prefs thing and so it though what the hey ill just upgrade to 1.1.2 and back here is where it gets interesting. i plug in my ipot try the shift click for 1.1.1 and my ipot recieves it than bricks yeah bricks... right now all its doing is at the charging icon and the loding thing is just constantly going and than itll give a little beep and restart the process... i cant do n e thing and i cant find a zip for 1.1.2 can n e body help? plz?
    i dont wanna try to restore cuz itunes is gay and lost half my songs can n e body help?
    ps ive rebotted like 10 times no exaggeration
    it downloaded the 1.1.2 than just said error 50 after downloading and just quit it and now if i check for update i cant do 1.1.2... help ... please
    oh and i dont have win scp but i might b able 2 get it some time cuz my dad is the admin 4 our computer and he dosent let me install n e thing

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. BCS321

BCS321 New Member

If you don't want to restore it, what were you doing at the beginning of your post, because I can't really understand you. Anyway, your best bet is to just restore, losing songs is better than losing an iPot.
  3. linkx2252

linkx2252 New Member

Your ipod is not "bricked." Please be careful about misusing this term- have you tried to completely restored it back to factory settings? If this doesn't work, your ipod could very well be " bricked," but until then, you are just an idiot for not saving music.

On a side note, same thing happened to me, i had to complete restore. Hope you made backups of apps!
  4. skinnny101

skinnny101 New Member

Use the preferences backup to fix yours. Just replace your broken one with it.
    here.

And seriously, there are already like 5 threads about this.
  5. welshboy

welshboy New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    and if that doesnt work, i think you will have to force restore and start again... sorry mate, happend to me about 2 or 3 times when i first tried to jailbreak, everythings running smooth now though
  6. wadded

wadded Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    allrigh i finally thought that i could not restore it in any way from winscp cuz i hadn't set it up from before so i restored cuz half my songs is better than no songs at all
    grrr installing everything
    ps where can i finde the finder app?