Seriously? I paid money for my iPod!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by iPhondTouch3G, Nov 22, 2009.

1. iPhondTouch3G

iPhondTouch3G Banned

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Yeah seriously? I was looking forward to OpenGL 2.0 games for my 3g but nOt even one ( good ) one has come yet. It was one of the reasons why I upgraded. I know deva want money so thy develop for all devices but look at devs for the psp. Sony has only sold about 8 million psps in 4-5 years, but devs put in a lot of effort for graphics and gameplay for the games. I don't mind paying 30/40 bucks for an iPod game as long as it has amazing graphics and 50 challenging missions. So why do iPhone devs put in no effort for 59 mil users and not even bother puttin in effort for the 10-15 mil people with 3rd gen idevices? I paid money for good graphics and I'm not getting them! please does anyone feel the same way?
  2. ChrisL

ChrisL Well-Known Member

More games will probably come out once all iDevices have OpenGL 2.0 support. Right now, most people don't have it, so devs think they won't make as much money.
  3. iPhondTouch3G

iPhondTouch3G Banned

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Ik that much but there aren't too many psp and ds users! Why do devs make good games for them?!!!
  4. ChrisL

ChrisL Well-Known Member

There are many PSP and DS users lol.
  5. S.I.D. CrAzY

S.I.D. CrAzY Active Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I wouldn't have bought an iPod Touch if I was looking for a more "hardcore" experience. I would've bought a PSP or DS personally.

You might be willing to pay 40 bucks or w.e. for a full experience, but the rest of the app store consumers might not be so willing. Devs arent' willing to take that risk.

Edit: Aren't there over 100 million DS users? Well there's at least been over 100 million DS's sold I believe.

Edit: And the PSP has sold over 50 million.
  6. Nburnes

Nburnes Well-Known Member

Device:
    OnePlus One
    Instead of complaining why don't you make your own OpenGL 2.0 games............
  7. 4NewHop3

4NewHop3 Well-Known Member

Device:
    5G iPod touch
    I believe Eliminate Pro uses OpenGL 2.0 and it's a great game, it's like the Call of Duty for iPhone due to it's popularity (it's not as good as CoD though).
  8. iPhondTouch3G

iPhondTouch3G Banned

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Really? I thought the PSP only sold about 7-8 million and the DS sold 25 million.
    (The PSP devs may have made a bad decision though. More than half the PSP owners i know have custom FW and get their games illegally)
  9. ChrisL

ChrisL Well-Known Member

PSP
    Japan - 11 million (as of December 28, 2008)
    United States - 10.47 million (as of January 1, 2008)
    Europe - 12 million (as of May 6, 2008)
    United Kingdom - 3.2 million (as of January 3, 2009)
    Worldwide - 55.9 million (as of August 3, 2009)

Nintendo DS
    2009-09-30
    Japan - 28.12 million
    Americas - 39.35 million
    Other - 46.01 million
    Total - 113.48 million
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    The same can be done on iPods.
  10. Vince

Vince Active Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    But at least the newer PSPs can't use that custom fw, and it's harder to do things illegally on (not that I'd know, wasn't a fan of the PSP scene).

After Christmas time there'll probably be more good games, because more iPod Touch 3g's being sold = more reason to make good use of it's capabilities.