SERIOUS problem

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Dmac_rocker, Dec 11, 2008.

1. Dmac_rocker

Dmac_rocker Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Okay this problem is actually very serious. I've tried pretty much EVERYTHING to try and fix it. My iPod pretty much won't sync with my desktop computer. I've reset the settings and erased all media, I've restarted, reinstalled iTunes. I even reformatted my computer! It started out by saying the disk could not be found and that it could not by synced. Then I tried upgrading to 2.2 but it got an error message, I think 9. So I tried to roll back to version 2.1 but with error 6 I believe. I couldn't go back to 1.1.5 or 4 either. I upgraded to 2.2 on my dad's laptop and it worked. I don't understand. It might be a problem with my USB ports? But I've tried all 6 of them and it doesn't work with any of them. I've never had this problem before. So I'm pretty close to sending it back to best buy where I bought it.
    So right now it's got 2.2 installed on it but I'm unable to put any songs onto it from my desktop. I dont know if it's the computer or the iPod. or a combination of the 2. I've also put it into recovery mode while trying to restore / upgrade. Doesn't work.

Any help within the next day or two would be GREATLY apreciated.
  2. superrob

superrob Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    Have you tried a different usb cable? It might be the problem. (Or the main socket on you iPod Touch (That would be NO good))
  3. fckinfamous

fckinfamous Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    How could it be the main socket when it worked with his dads laptop?
  4. loaf-

loaf- New Member

It's not the main socket. My computer did this for a bit and it ended up being a sh*tty USB port on a sh*tty computer. I fixed it by getting a USB hub . The computer would recognize my ipod through that.
  5. superrob

superrob Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    Oh sorry! I must have missed that part. You didn't have to line it so agresive up.
    And... thats not an easy one. All your usb ports cant be screwed up all at once. Think. Did you install something right before the problem began? If so then try removing it.
  6. fckinfamous

fckinfamous Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    Nah it wasn't meant to be aggressive, just pointing out that people never read the whole thing =D
  7. Dmac_rocker

Dmac_rocker Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Well if it is the USB ports, it wouldn't be damaged, it would just be having problems with the iPod, because I've got many other things plugged into them. I have tried unplugging them all (except for keyboard and mouse) to see if they were interfering, but it didn't work. Also, I doubt that it is software, because I just reformatted my computer and have installed only the basic software. I have no idea what is causing this. My only guess would be windows SP3. :S

EDIT: Okay so I had just come up with the theory of SP3 as I was writing that last post. (for those who dont know, SP3 is the Service pack update which is installed onto a computer running windows XP.

I found this page on the subject and installed the patch mentioned in the second post.
    http://forums.ilounge.com/archive/index.php/t-234745.html

I am going to test it out now.
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    My god I think it's working. I just synced 3 songs over. Unfortunately I dont have my music put back onto my computer yet. I've got my fingers crossed. And I hope that I've helped anyone with the same problems.
    ------------------double post merged------------------

Please Register or Log in to view images

This is the error I'm getting...
  8. SoftTouch

SoftTouch New Member