Serious problem with touch 3g. (wont boot)

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by jerkface, Oct 6, 2010.

1. jerkface

jerkface New Member

Hi. My spirit jailbroken 3.1.3 ipod touch 3g 32gb wont boot. If I plug it into the computer or my wall charger I see the apple logo, then about 2 seconds later the screen brightness goes up and 5-10 sec after that it crashes. The computer and itunes don't see it.

I'm running itunes 9.2, I have left the touch plugged into the wall for hours, cant put the device into recovery or dfu mode because it wont boot.

I have read alot of threads so far and I have not seen any problems like this addressed.
    Assuming I have done everything I can will apple be able to tell I jailbroke it when I bring it to be fixed?

thanks for your replies.

Edit: I have tried 2 ipod cables too.
  2. wfs123

wfs123 Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (Black)
    try holding the power and home button for for 10 seconds, after that release the home button but keep holding the power button...

and are you willing to restore? if you are the hold the power and home buttons for 10 the release the power, but keep holding the home until itunes says something like "an ipod touch was found in recovery mode. you have to restore"

ps. i saw you tried some people have tried and didn't do it correctly.
  3. jerkface

jerkface New Member

I dont think recovery or DFU mode are options. I should have elaborated in my first post but when I say the touch crashes I'm saying that it shuts down.
    I have put it in recovery mode several times before and that does not work with the current problem. I have never put it in DFU mode but its not for lack of trying.

Im no expert in Ipods but I think that the ipod fails before it can be put into DFU.

I haven't come across any posts about a 3g touch shutting down a few seconds into the boot process before. Does anybody know if this problem is common?
  4. bobby681

bobby681 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    The iPod isn't even on when you kick it into DFU mode, it is always possible to enter it.
  5. wfs123

wfs123 Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (Black)
    ok... try on the boot up holding the home button while connected to itunes

of that dosnt work i dont know sorry

good luck
  6. jerkface

jerkface New Member

LOL @ myself. thats what i get for getting all worked up. it looks good guys.

ty to bobby681 now I understand a little more about this thing.
    ty to everybody else who showed intrest.

I downloaded IOS 4.0 and shift restored the touch in itunes but got a 3194 error. should I make a new thread or is it ok to talk about that here?
  7. bobby681

bobby681 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Its your thread, you can talk about whatever you want. You're getting 3194 because apple doesn't sign 4.0 restores anymore. You either have to have your shsh blobs saved (if you do, theres tutorials around this site for restoring that way), or you'll have to go to 4.1.
  8. eMikey

eMikey New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Are you 100% sure that it's always possible to get into dfu mode not matter what?
  9. jerkface

jerkface New Member

my shsh is saved for 3.1.3

I edited my hosts file by adding 74.208.10.249 gs.apple.com at the end

so if I can ever get it back into dfu mode I should be able to upgrade to 4.0 right?

I was trying to research this weeks before my ipod went down. I wasn't able to find any usefull info. I cant tell if the threads I'm reading are about 2g or 3g, 3.1.2 or 3.1.3 bla bla bla

I want to go to the highest firmware I can and jailbreak with jailbreakme.com.

am I screwed because I dont have 3.1.2 blobs saved?
  10. bobby681

bobby681 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Unless its some hardware issue (like you've knackered the circuitboard or its water damaged or something), yes. DFU mode is hardwired into the iPhone, its completely separate to anything you may break while messing with the software and you'll always be able to get into DFU mode