Serious problem with my iTouch 2G 16GB

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by TwiztidJ, Oct 31, 2010.

1. TwiztidJ

TwiztidJ New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Well, I am having a serious issue getting my iTouch out of recovery mode. Now, you all may be thinking right away that there are a billion other posts just like this that may help but I can tell you that I have tried just about everything in my power to get this thing running and still nothing. I have tried doing a restore in iTunes, nothing. I tried jailbreaking it with many trusted jailbreak tools, nothing. I have tried forcing it out of recovery mode with some of the offered programs, nothing. One of my problems, I think, is the fact that the site I get my firmware is not reliable. I go to felixbruns and every firmware I have tried from there, from 2.2.1-3.1.3 , has not worked in either the iTunes or the redsn0w, it says that the firmware can't be recognized in redsn0w. I also get many different errors from iTunes. I have gotten 3194, 28, and 2003 and it is always different with these when I put in a firmware that I have stored. Before anyone asks, yes, I have tried it in both DFU mode and recovery mode to get this things rolling but to no avail. It anyone can help me with this problem, it would be much appreciated.
    Thanks everyone for your time in this matter and I hope this can be solved by the amazing community here,
    Twiztid J
  2. guy123456

guy123456 Member

felixbruns is reliable. i have had no probnlems with it.

as for ur restore problem, i have no idea what to do, since u claim that u have already done what i wouldve told you to do
  3. TwiztidJ

TwiztidJ New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    yeah, this is the first time I have had a problem with doing any kind of firmware work. I have had complications but nothing this serious.
  4. TwiztidJ

TwiztidJ New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Some of the programs I have tried are redsn0w, greenp0ison, spirit, iReb, sn0wbreeze, and others. I just can't figure it out. I get error 2003 for 4.0-4.1 firmware, 3194 for 3.1.2/3, and I can't remember which one gave me the 28, probable the 2.2.1. I had a couple that worked in redsn0w, 3.0 and 3.1.2 but 3.0 would only go as far as the aquiring jailbreaking data and then go straight back to recovery mode. 3.1.2 would only go as far as waiting for reboot. it has me puzzled.
  5. MFdoom

MFdoom New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Hum, have you tried just turning it off and back on? Thats what I was doing when I kept messing up getting my iPod into DFU mode with greenpois0n. If that doesn't work, i'd suggest taking it to apple. Also make sure you getting the right firmware for your device from felixbruns.
  6. guy123456

guy123456 Member

you cant turn it off when its in recovery mode
  7. Hurr Durr

Hurr Durr Banned

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Use TinyUmbrella to boot it out of recovery.
  8. smack43

smack43 Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Try Recboot
  9. TwiztidJ

TwiztidJ New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I will go ahead and give those a try today. I know I tried that one from the creator of sn0wbreeze. Maybe one of those will work better. I will keep you all updated.
  10. TwiztidJ

TwiztidJ New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    So, I am trying TinyUmbrella but for some reason the device is not showing up on the program. Is there something in particular I need to do to run it?