Serious Problem, Please Help...

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by darthhomer12, Oct 30, 2009.

1. darthhomer12

darthhomer12 Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Please do not be turned away by the wall of text, I am just trying to give you guys enough information so that you might be able to help me...

Symptoms: iPod flashes white then turns off randomly, takes an excrutiatingly long time to turn on, sometimes have to power cycle it a few times in order to get it to turn on, and some times will just not turn on forcing me to restore.

So I recently recieved a new replacement iPod from apple. The day I got it, I imeadiately jailbroke it on 3.1.2 with blackra1n. I didnt see any initial problem with it but when I went to use it a few hours after later it was just sitting on the apple boot logo. I waited for a few minutes because I just figured that maybe I had accidently hid the power button. After about ten minutes I checked on it again and it was still on the boot logo, so I decided to power cycle it. Again same result so I tried power cycyling it again and it worked. So over the next few days it did this all the time. I would take out my iPod and and every once and a while it would just be sitting at the boot logo, I would power cycle it a few times and it would aventually startup again. So at that point I figured great Im gonna have to do this every time I want to use my iPod. This was not the worst of it however. About 4 days after I got it, I got it out to use it and it had a blank screen which usually means thats its on but sleeping, but when I went to wake it up, it showed to boot logo, so I figured it must have just gotten turned off somehow. When I went to look at it a minute later it was again off. It turns out that what happens is the logo shows up for about 3 seconds, then the screen dims a little bit. After about another 10 seconds, it just turns off. So I went home, put it in recovery mode, and restored it. At first I assumed that Blackra1n was causing the problem, so I left it un-jailbroken with no success. After I was forced to restore again the next day, I used my dad's Mac (I am running windows XP) to restore with, again, no success. After that I downgraded to 3.0, jailbroke, then used QuickPwn 3.1.4 to jailbreak to 3.1.2. Once again so success.

As of now, I am assuming that it is a problem with the iPod itself and will call apple tomorrow and see if they have any solutions (of course leaving out the jailbreak part

Please Register or Log in to view images

). I will update if anything comes out of that conversation. It is still under warranty, but I really dont want to send it back again if I dont have to. If anyone has experienced any symtoms like this or has any idea of what might be causing this, please let me know.

Thanks
  2. baekalfen

baekalfen Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    you can't really do anything, just send it back to apple and don't jailbreak before it is working perfectly. BTW it is maybe your battery - did you charge it fully the first time?
  3. darthhomer12

darthhomer12 Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    As I recall, I restored from my old back up, then synced my songs and videos. By that time, the battery was at 100% and I proceeded to jailbreak.
  4. _JKK_

_JKK_ Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    First, I'd say to not ever restore from a backup, with a new iPod.

However, it sounds as if you got a (very) faulty model. Return it.
  5. iBoss™

iBoss™ Banned

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Corrupt backup file?

Try DFU-RESTORING it on a fresh 3.1.2, then jailbreaking with blackra1n.
    Dont Restore from any previous backup.
  6. narwal13

narwal13 Active Member

Device:
    5G iPod touch
    Yes. Try sending your ipod back to apple they should replace it for you. Just don't mention that you jailbroke it. Just...don't.
  7. Mr.Funman

Mr.Funman Banned

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    bad IPSW ReDownload it.
  8. darthhomer12

darthhomer12 Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Sounds like my best bet is just to send it back to apple. I would just restore as a new iPod but I really need some of the data that is stored on my back up. And I also tested some other backups of mine with the same result so I doubt a corrupted backup is the problem.
    Cool, Thanks guys.