Serious iTouch 2G help needed

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by smez, Mar 15, 2009.

1. smez

smez New Member

So i had my tethered jailbroken 2G ipod touch all working fine and i decided to upgrade to the untethered release yesterday for obvious reasons. so i jailbreak and everything goes fine but when i come out i have basically no icons whatsoever, i.e. general is missing, none of my games will install.
    I figured out why, as i had categories installed before and all the apps and icons that were in categories are the ones that have dissapeared, so if anybody has any insight into how i might be able to retreive these icons then please reply, thanks.
  2. Chrisschulz

Chrisschulz New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Maybe rejailbreak? I had categories and I had no problems upgrading
  3. smez

smez New Member

Yeah i have just done that and settings and eveything has reappeared, which is good, and i will try synching on my apps now and will edit, thanks for the tip.

EDIT: Well more synched than last time, but still not all of them, so any more help would be appreciated.
  4. crdnilfan

crdnilfan New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    ya i know the actual fix, when you use categories, it hides the icons and then plops them into a folder.

install SBSettings, slide finger over top of screen (i hope you know how to use SBSettings) select more, select something like "Hide Icons" or "Poof Icons" and you will notice all the missing applications (icons) have "Off" Selected instead of "On"

Please Register or Log in to view images

change to on, your icons are back, fixed

Please Register or Log in to view images

5. smez

smez New Member

I tried that but i think the problem is they arent actually synching up because i keep getting errors in iTunes :S
    thanks though, i appreciate the help, plus i was looking for the name of that program anyway haha.