Serious Issue

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.4 Jailbreak' started by masterwill22, Mar 15, 2008.

1. masterwill22

masterwill22 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Ok... the usual restore method solution doesn't work for this issue... I used ipodtouchmaster's jailbreak and everything worked out fine. The black window even said Jailbreak successful. The problem comes after that. I realize that the black screen on my ipod touch with white letters won't go away. it keeps spamming BSD root: md0, major 2, minor 0. Restoring does not work. Pressing the power and home button and letting go of the power button when the apple logo shows up DOES NOT WORK. It goes right back to the black screen with white letters. After couple of sentences of white letters, it goes back to spamming BSD root: md0, major 2, minor 0. Does anyone have a solution to this or is my ipod forever bricked....
  2. Sickly_slick

Sickly_slick New Member

okay...

1. HOLD Sleep + Home button together untill iPod is completely off (pitch black screen) then release the buttons
    2. HOLD Home button (keep holding it) while plug in the USB into iPod (while the other end is connected to your computer and iTunes is opened)
    3. CONTINUE HOLDING Home button untill you see an image of iTunes + CD
    4. RELEASE the Home button, check your iTunes, it should detect your iPod by now
    5. RESTORE by pressing restore or Shift+Restore if you have the firmware on your computer
    6. ENJOY your new factory restored iPod
    1 person likes this.
  3. ZombieKiller

ZombieKiller Banned

Device:
    iPhone 3G (White)
    This is why i hate people saying you have to hold both of the buttons to enter Recovery Mode...

Turn the iPod off by holdin both of that buttons.. and then use my video in my signature to enter recovery mode. After that open ZiPhone and open advanced options. Then click on Normal Boot.

Retry jailbreak with ZiPhone.
    1 person likes this.
  4. Stu pidasso

Stu pidasso New Member

Hold power and home until the Ipod turns off. Then release both buttons. Then hold down the home button and turn on the ipod but do not let go of the home button.

This will put the ipod into restore.

Or turn your ipod off and disconnect the USB cable from the ipod. Hold down the home button and insert the USB back into the ipod. This should put your ipod into recovery also.

OR

Download ziphone and run the gui. Do one of the steps above and then under advanced settings in ziphone choose normal mode and let Ziphone boot your ipod back into normal mode.
    1 person likes this.
  5. masterwill22

masterwill22 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Thanks guys! I just realized my recovery method was faulty which was odd because it worked all the other times

Please Register or Log in to view images

6. Stu pidasso

Stu pidasso New Member

7. joshh_chaos

joshh_chaos New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    i love all of you. thanks so much, i got so scared i thought it was gonna be like that forever ! lol.