Serious issue with files on my iTouch!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Neemz1844, Feb 13, 2008.

1. Neemz1844

Neemz1844 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    Alright, so I went to sleep last night with everything on my ipod working fine... I didn't change anything other than updating the sources last night.

Now, when I woke up this morning and my ipod is plugged into my comp, and I want to add some media to it and I look at the summary to see how much room I have. and everything has switched over to "Other" I have 8 gigs of my music and movies in the "other" category and not in their respective music and vidoes category. so I go to look at my music and movies in my ipod and it says that I have nothing there!!!!!

I am so confused, the files are on my ipod, cause it says there is 8 gigs of "other" on my ipod, my pictures are still there, but my movies and music isnt working properly.

I recently used BossTool to free up room on my ipod, could this have some connection? It seems as though that possibly my ipod/itunes is unable to locate where the files are, it just recognizes that they are on there but doesnt know what they are?

I'm going to NY tommorow and I'd really like to have all my files on my ipod properly. If it is absolutely necessary, I can restore, but I don't have too much time, so if anybody has a fix for this, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks a lot!
  2. Neemz1844

Neemz1844 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    Is it possible to use BossTool to use the ipod wiper? Will that clear all of my files so I'm able to add them?? Any help will be greatly appreciated! I don't want to restore!
  3. Neemz1844

Neemz1844 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    This is getting worse... Now I can't even SSH into my ipod, it keeps searching but doesn't find the host and I am still able to use my wifi to connect to the internet.

Whats even worse, is that now when I plug my ipod into my computer, iTunes doesnt even recognize my ipod anymore and wants it to restore.

So it looks like I have to restore now which I am quite displeased with... So instead of helping me with this problem, can somebody tell me what the reason is so I can avoid it next time?

Thanks.
  4. shalashaska

shalashaska New Member

this happened to me before as well, but I wasn't in too much of a rush, so i just restored it and all was well...sometimes this crap happens with me and it gets rather annoying, I think its all side-effects from jailbreaking..
  5. Neemz1844

Neemz1844 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    I just restored my ipod and got it back to regular up to the point of putting music and vidoes back onto it.

I go to put Superbad on it, and when it syncs and begins to download onto my itouch it ONCE AGAIN goes into the "other" category.

I really don't know what to do here. I've already did a restore, so I have no idea whats going on here or how to fix this. I really want to put my music and movies onto my itouch, but it seems as if only the photos are going on it without any problem.

I really need some help here guys and I know someone has the answer. I've been very patient but I need an answer as soon as possible so I can begin to fix it.

Let me say again, "restore did not do anything". I don't know what it is, but I can't put music or movies on my itouch anymore, it just goes under the category of "other" and I can't view them on my ipod, somebody please help me.
  6. GarnetNGold

GarnetNGold Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    Call Apple?

This happened to me before when I messed up soft jailbreaking 1.1.3 when it first came out (not nate trues)

I hit x on the command prompt. Then I went to iTunes and all my stuff was other but when I restored it worked.

If you don't want to call Apple then try this.

1. Restore to 1.1.1
    2. Upgrade to 1.1.3

EDIT: I don't mean jailbreak 1.1.1 then jailbreak 1.1.3. Just do a normal restore then upgrade.
  7. Neemz1844

Neemz1844 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    Isn't there a way to go into the ipod and find the "other" files and just delete them and then reload your music/movies/photos? It actually only seems to do it with my music and movies.

I really need someone to work on this as my ipod is now officially busted... Can someone please help me?
  8. jrods

jrods New Member

i think you should take it to apple and they will give you a new one if its not jailbroken
  9. Neemz1844

Neemz1844 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    It is jailbroken. I don't know if the problem occurs when it is jailbroken or not as I just keep jailbreaking it every time after I restore it.

Pretty much, what I need to do know how to do is how to go into my ipod and delete those "other" files that take up meaningless room on my ipod. I am not sure, but I think it may be as basic as me unplugging it while it is syncing... (my comp is running slow as of late and when my itunes says its syncing my ipod doesn't and vice versa so I don't know if it is or not).

So basically, does anybody know of a way to delete those "other" files by searching through your ipod? Either via SSH or another way? This seems like a simple solution to me, and I'm assuming that it is easy to do as well its just that I don't know how. Any help on this subject will be greatly appreciated, thanks.
  10. Neemz1844

Neemz1844 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    bump

anyone know how to delete the "other" files?