Serious "Categories" problem...

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by Voytek, Jan 11, 2010.

1. Voytek

Voytek New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    BACKGROUND : I first jailbroke my touch in the summer and one of the first apps I downloaded was Categories. I put all of my original apps in the Categories app so that all my icons would be on one page.

PROBLEM : I updated my software, not even thinking about how it would effect my jailbroken apps, and when the software finished downloading none of my original apps were there because they were hidden in my Categories app which was deleted.

Please Register or Log in to view images

ATTEMPTS AT FIXING : Just re-jailbroke my ipod (3.1.2 blackra1n) and installed Categories hoping my apps would somehow be in there...they weren't. I've also deleted all of my apps from itunes and tried to reinstall some, and even though they show up as icons in itunes, they don't show up on my ipod.

Does anyone how to fix this?! Any help would be greatly appreciated.
  2. kingcoolryan

kingcoolryan Member

Device:
    iPad w/ 3G
    Ok so download sb settings and after it is done slide your finger across the top of your iPod(status bar: with the battery, time etc.) and select morE... After the page opens go into "poof" and toggle all the offs onto on then respring and they should reappear
  3. Ruud91

Ruud91 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    So you upgraded without restoring? And then rejailbroke it?

If you want to upgrade it, you need to restore your device to the newest firmware and then jailbrake it, if you did not restore but upgraded, the 'new' jailbreak will most of the time not work properly (my experience)

Solution, backup and restore and start with a fresh jailbrake
  4. taptaptouch

taptaptouch Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    He said they were in categories not poofed,
  5. dylan knox

dylan knox New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Look, Download SBSettings, slide top bar, click more, then Hide Applications, then turn all the swicthes to on. i had that problem with photos, music and videos once before. always make sure you do this before restoring or updating
  6. alv746

alv746 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    yea but what categories does is it hides the icon, then puts it in a folder... so if he the folder is deleted, icon is still hidden
  7. taptaptouch

taptaptouch Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    Yes but they arent hidden by poof and poof cant control them, they are hidden by categories hiding system
  8. Joshsipod1994

Joshsipod1994 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    this happened to me a while back and my only soultion was to restore my ipod back to factory settings. i know exactly what your problem is. Itunes tells you that the apps are on your ipod and the memory is also being taken up from these hidden apps but you just dont see them anywhere on your springboard.
  9. mcrazy20

mcrazy20 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Yea, I have that problem now, you can search for them, and put them in categories. So it's not really a problem for me because almost all of it I keep in a folder anyways