Serious 3G problem, stumps Apple Techs

Discussion in 'Mac & OS X' started by Elric, Jul 17, 2008.

1. Elric

Elric New Member

The first night I got my phone, I had to reset my phone to "out of box settings", and set it all up again. This just after a couple of syncs.
    Then I went camping and was in a hurry so I only put music on for the drive.
    I got home and went to put my contacts back on but itunes froze up again (spinning wheel).
    Long story short, after about 3-6 syncs I have to reset my phone again (up until 2 days ago I was setting it as "New", then I discovered the backup option).
    I ran through a few things with an apple tech on the phone, making sure latest software, removing "COMPLETELY" iTunes and reinstalling (that allowed only ONE sync), it froze again while on the phone with him.
    Anyways, the wait for a "Product Technician" was over an hour and I had stuff to do.
    Today I set up my phone on my work computer and it seemed to work all day long. I will try it out all day tomorrow, but at this point I think it's my Macbook having issues.
    Any suggestions? I have so far removed all scripts and third party plugins, ran "Maintiget" <--- like Onyx but in Widget form, reset all permissions... I think that's it... anyone have anything else I can try before reinstalling OSX?
  2. Go Avalanche

Go Avalanche Banned

damn there are sooooooo many bugs with the 3g!
  3. HotBrownies

HotBrownies New Member

ya. and its only going to get worse when people start pwning it when the jailbreak comes out. Unstable device + jailbreak= Unhappy campers
  4. flattop95

flattop95 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    It probably has to do with your macboo, take both of them to apple.
  5. thechungster

thechungster Super Moderator Emeritus

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    ugh, i know. jailbreaking is already unstable to most users, and jailbreaking a unstable device... ugh, thats going to be the most unstable device ever
  6. d00m42

d00m42 Member

Err.. I haven't had any problems with my 3G lol maybe mine is magical?