[SEPT 5 RELEASE] InXile's Line Rider

Discussion in 'Latest Tech News and Rumors' started by Numb, Sep 2, 2008.

1. Numb

Numb Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    InXile's Line Rider is coming out on September 5th and will cost $2.99!

Here is from Touch Podium:
    HTML:
    Touch Podium insider information has it that InXile’s Liner Rider will be available
    for download via the App Store and through iTunes for $2.99 starting on September
    5th.

We’ve written about Line Rider in the past, and we all knew it was coming, now 
    here it is just a few days away.

What’s greatest about this announcement is the price. $2.99! Alright, so it’s not 
    free like Flying Rider was, but you can guarantee that Line Rider will be twice as 
    fun as the latter. InXile are the people who invented games such as Line Rider, 
    and thus I’m sure are the ones to bring us the latest and greatest. Hey, at least
    Line Rider won’t be costing us $5.99 or higher, as some of us had been speculating.

Line Rider ‘fan boy’ TechDawg will be collaborating with inXile to create some
    groundbreaking tracks that will be available for download from the Line Rider 
    web site. Line Rider will allow users to playback tracks in a ‘movie’ mode as 
    well as upload tracks to the Internet for others to download and play. Players 
    will be able to search for tracks by track name and/or author, rate other people’s 
    tracks and browse the list of “Most Recent Tracks” as well as “Top Rated Tracks”.

For some of us, September 5th couldn’t come any quicker.
  2. TSOnTheDrums8892

TSOnTheDrums8892 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Nice, $2.99 isnt that bad at all, im sure it will be alotta fun.
  3. MadMoney

MadMoney New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    yessss but i still feel bad for Tom becuz he made an amazing app and didnt get any money for wat he did.

Please Register or Log in to view images

4. MegaMan

MegaMan New Member

bah, If I really wanted to play it i would play the free flash version

5. Jodymitoma

Jodymitoma New Member

Dear readers,

Since this post on ipodtouchfans was made, the post on the Touch Podium blog has been edited with changes.

Unfortunately I had read the press release inccorectly, and made the assumption that Line Rider would be available on Sept. 5th, however, the only thing coming out on Sept. 5th is the PRESS RELEASE (which we've received ahead of time thanks to InXile's David).

I appologize for missinforming you. Feel free to go and check the edited post with your free will.

Jody Mitoma | Founder | Touch Podium
  6. DotSlashSlash

DotSlashSlash Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    ill probably buy it.. just to say i have linerider on my phone

not that much but think about the amount of money they will roll in from it... a million users a month which is like 33,333 a day, and almost 8million people have iphones (let alone ipods) so aleast a few of them probably play line rider
  7. MadMoney

MadMoney New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    So does this mean linerider wont be realsed on Set. 5

8. Jodymitoma

Jodymitoma New Member

That is correct.

InXile has sent Line Rider in to Apple for review, but it is unknown as to when Apple will release the game onto the App Store. All that is known is that it'll be within the month of September.