Sent SMS with iPod Touch 2G

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by Sikiduck, Jun 30, 2009.

1. Sikiduck

Sikiduck New Member

Hi

I would like to sent SMS with my iTouch 2G (2.2.1). I have tried several apps for this, but I can't find someone that works. I have tried Global.AQ, it worked perfect to sent SMS! But not to receive

Please Register or Log in to view images

I don't know if I did something wrong, but everytime I sent SMS from iTouch to my Sony Ericsson phone, and the number that I got the SMS from, was always changed. I don't know if the problem is there..

I have been looking at "TextFree Lite", Lite, because I don't want to pay much for a apps that sent SMS. But on the website, I found out that it only works for US mobile phone. I need a SMS apps that I can send and receive SMS inside Norway. Maybe Global.AQ only allowed US phone..

Do someone know about that kind of a SMS apps?
  2. Andreas fink

Andreas fink New Member

global.AQ does not permit the reply on the SMS as its advertizement sponsored and thus is using cheap SMS fix-id sending only service to deliver who usually deliver from SIM card farms (that's why the number changes all the time). Otherwise it would not be possible to finance this service so its free for you.

To be able to give your iPod a international recognizable number to receive SMS there are some additional steps to take which are in the workings. global.AQ Pro will support that in the future. It will also support variable sender-id and delivery reports. However those features require to use more expensive operators to deliver the message which means the SMS used that way wont be free anymore but still considerably cheaper than your current GSM operator.

If there are any coverage issues, you should e-mail support@global.aq who will take care of the routing to individual carriers. Some carriers don't work but there are other routes which can be taken for those carriers.
  3. Sikiduck

Sikiduck New Member

Are there any other SMS app I can use?
  4. Chrisschulz

Chrisschulz New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    There used to be infinite sms, but thats cancelled
  5. koutav3

koutav3 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    This SMS are free ?
  6. YoungBud

YoungBud New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    text for free Unlimited, its in the app store for like 4$ Bucks thats what i use
  7. Sikiduck

Sikiduck New Member

Does Text for free work for me from Norway? I though I tried this, and I got to have 10 digits, and in Norway they only use 8. International code is +47, but it didnt' work.