Sennheiser MM50 Headset

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by Jaybeoh, Dec 9, 2008.

1. Jaybeoh

Jaybeoh New Member

Has anyone tried this Headset with the Touch 2G? Was wondering how the quality is and if it even works with the 2G. I see it has the 1G listed as compatible and both IPhones, but I don't see the Touch 2G listed. Seemed a bit weird to me.

Also, even if you're reading this and don't have the Sennheiser headset, if you can recommend a good headset with mic that will work with the 2G (looking for $100 or less) I would appreciate it very much. I don't have a Touch 2G yet, but am looking to buy one for Christmas. I honestly don't know much about them and unfortunately I've never even used or seen an IPod at all first hand, but my online friends keep saying I should pick one up since I travel for work quite often.

Let me know what you guys think would be best!

Thanks,
    Jay

http://store.apple.com/us/product/TR530VC/A?fnode=MTY1NDA1MA&mco=MjQzNDgxMw
  2. vipfreak

vipfreak New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Sounds like they are pretty much CX300 but with a mic. If that's the case these are definitely worth getting. As for compatibility dunno... I'd say if the touches phone plug port is the same as the iphone it "should" work.
  3. milkman

milkman New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    has anyone tested the mic with the 2g that can confirm it works

if not are the cx500 a better choice over the cx300s?
  4. Winobie

Winobie New Member

MM50 = Fail

I have the MM50 buds, they sound dam fine but the mic has issues (in my case at least)
    When I try to use the mic the recording is always polluted with a loud rhythmic crackle. I emailed Sennhieser but no reply.
    I dont know if my iPod Touch 2G has a fault but I cannot recommend these ear buds for someone who wants a working mic.
    I shall probably fork out for the primo Apple ones at some point.
    - Rob