sending music via bluetooth?

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 3.0' started by JanSze, Jun 11, 2009.

1. JanSze

JanSze New Member

hey guys

i'm wondering if it will be possible to send music via bluetooth with a jailbroken 3.0 software.
    I know it's nether jailbroken nor released yet but do you think it might be possible?
    Because I'd love to share my music with friends just like with my cellphone.
    sending notices will be possible, won't it?

Btw how long will it take to jb 3.0 you think?hope not as long as they needed to jb the 2g >.<
  2. Samm

Samm Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    First off, i doubt apple will let u send songs.. But probably an app on Cydia will let you do it.. And 3.0 is software not hardware, 2G is hardware and took a long time but 3.0 is just software so i doubt it will take very long at all

Please Register or Log in to view images

3. Ari.

Ari. Active Member

Device:
    iPad
    i think you can, there was an app on 2.x.x that let you send files over bluetooth.
  4. imranh101

imranh101 Active Member

Device:
    iPad w/ 3G
    Good news - from what I've heard, they already jailbroke 3.0 for the Ipod 2G!
    So why haven't you seen it yet?
    They are waiting for Apple to release the OS 3.
    If they were to release it now, Apple would rip it apart and they would have to take a while to get it working again.
    Even though the device is forever hackable with the bootROM thing, if they release it now, Apple would patch it in some way and it would take for the hackers to work around it.
    Since they are waiting for the release, after its released they will only have to change a couple things for the jailbreak - you know, make sure it is compatible with the final build - but that means only a couple days after the release the jailbreak should be public!
    Now, I'm not a pro here - this is what I've heard - and it makes a lot of sense - so please don't go all technical on me. Thats not to say I'm not tech savvy, just I am not the pro on ipod touch jailbreaking

Please Register or Log in to view images

Sorry for the long post - but hope this lifts your spirits!
  5. Dixi789

Dixi789 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)

The fact that the dev team has nothing to do with Apple being able to patch this firmware, the exploit for the 2G has nothing to do with the software. The dev team have there reasons for not releasing it. And yes the Jailbreak has been done, albeit in a Tethered state, bye Chris Stroud and some others on the redTool development team. jfb392 played a big part in this jailbreak, despite not having a 2nd Gen. Anyway back OT, the developers of the iBluetooth team, the guys that unlocked bluetooth for iPhone, are already starting a version for the iPod Touch, but I do not know a rough release date, all I know is that they have started.